Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far my son has shown me two new things on DHG 5394: (keep in mind I STILL do not have a owners manual from Ford- back ordered.)

1. The headrest can be tilted forward, so you can easily rest your dome against it.

2. The alarm (installed by Ford), if pushed twice, will unlock both doors.

Maybe #2 is stupid on my part, but other cars I have you hold down the unlock button to unlock both doors. Nothing like a 12 year old to show the "old man" a thing or two on his new rig.

BTW, kids also love this car... I have all my son's buddies begging me to take them to school in it. It's fun to see their excitement and enjoyment of some good ole American muscle!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Speaking of the Security system, I installed the FoMoCo System 3 and a shock sensor on top of the factory security system. Does anyone know if its possible to set up the keyless entry to open both doors with one push? It was possible on my Dakota through a process similar to that of disabling the seat belt buzzer. Also, is it possible to disarm the unlock horn chirp without having to mess with jumpers on the control box? And finally, any suggestions on locating the shock sensor? I have it tie wrapped to a steering column support bracket, which I determined to be the best location after much trial and error. You can't set it off from the trunk or the passenger side.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You know, lifting the headrests all the way up and tilting them forward makes them catch on the sun visors when the seat is all the way forward. That helps me when I am trying to clean the back seats and carpet. I actually have two free hands to do the cleaning with when I do that.

Also a nice to know that I got from the owners manual: pressing the load or eject button on the 460 head unit for a couple seconds will do an auto load or eject, so you don't have to keep directing the thing where to put or take the next disc from.

John G.

·
Registered
959 Posts
John..

Thanks for the tip. Guess I need to read that manual again.. )P

I hate the one at a time method.

Brian

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Watch that damn seatbelt holder on the seat. If you 'ole noggin is in the wrong place and you bring the seat back it will put a serious hurt on you.

Done it twice and the wife once. Puts a pretty good knot on the head.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Hey 1248bullitt, now I know why I can't get that license plate. Don't let it expire or someone will take. NICE....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts