Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i talked to a guy about the heads/cams and he recommended i just buy new heads. So i've looking around and have found

afr 165cc heads
vt engines heads
and some stage 3 cnc ported heads from livernoids motorsports

which heads would be the best? the AFR's are the cheapest by $300-400

These are goin with the VT engines stage 2 n/a cams

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken and AFR started making modular heads, those are for a Windsor pushrod motor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Barnaby said:
Unless I'm mistaken and AFR started making modular heads, those are for a Windsor pushrod motor.
Thanks, i didn't pay close enough attention.

And a mph they want my heads. Are they going to work on mine or send me a pair and use mine to do the next persons? And are they aluminum?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Barnaby said:
Thats what i get for not paying attention

and thanks, i just emailed tim, vt engines took down there stage 2 n/a cam! i hope its temporary!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Cuderbeast said:
Thanks, i didn't pay close enough attention.

And a mph they want my heads. Are they going to work on mine or send me a pair and use mine to do the next persons? And are they aluminum?
they want your heads as cores. MPH has awesome parts. I would def go with there heads and get Tim to hook you up with a set of his custom grind cams.
-Wes

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
twin051302 said:
they want your heads as cores. MPH has awesome parts. I would def go with there heads and get Tim to hook you up with a set of his custom grind cams.
-Wes
Cores for what? My heads aren't aluminum

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
what about having like a good three or five angle valve job and a port polish and gasket match done on our stock heads, and combining that with a good set of cams? would the power gains be decent compared to the enormous cost of getting new heads?

shaun

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SniperStang said:
what about having like a good three or five angle valve job and a port polish and gasket match done on our stock heads, and combining that with a good set of cams? would the power gains be decent compared to the enormous cost of getting new heads?

shaun
My shop told me it would just be worth it to buy aluminum ported heads rather than have them port mine. They had 6 head packages but he told me to buy them since the cost would be about the same

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
After reading many posts on here about MPH over the last few years I would do what they say. They seem very good at every level. Everyone that has dealt with them praises them. That would be good enough for me. The want your cores to replace the ones they work over and sell to others. This also keeps available heads in stock for them to perform their magic on. Are the reworked heads aluminum? Call and ask.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
If I am not mistaken all modular heads are aluminum. You can get yours ported by a local shop that has experiance with head porting or just send yours in for a core and get another that are already ported.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
theHULK said:
If I am not mistaken all modular heads are aluminum. You can get yours ported by a local shop that has experiance with head porting or just send yours in for a core and get another that are already ported.
I might do that, anybody have anythoughts on patriot performance heads?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts