Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well 161 suffered a minor heartattack lastnight while running a CXI TransAm. Dont for sure yet what the damage is. Right now I have the computer disconnected to see if i just tripped a code. We think its that or a blown O2 sensor, blown plugs, or I blasted the MAF. I wont get to work on it again untill tonight but I will keep you guys posted on the progress..........hope to get it fixed tonight, am going to dyno it on tuesday........

> removed air silencer
> removed maf screen
> limo tinted windows with eyebrow
> fully funtional ram air scoop
> 160 deg. thermostat

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Black Sunshine #161 on 2001-07-21 12:10 ]</font>

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i staged at the light, got the green, dropped about 2k, ran it out to about 58-6k then it popped fell on its face and gurgles at around 35-4k and over now with bad acceleration qualities......will know shortly if it was just a code set off, also am putting in a set of NGK4177 plugs tonight...well gotta run to work...if yall have any questions just jotem down unless your local then yall can call me at 713-723-8666....just ask for jerry

> removed air silencer
> removed maf screen
> limo tinted windows with eyebrow
> fully funtional ram air scoop
> 160 deg. thermostat

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Black Sunshine #161 on 2001-07-21 12:36 ]</font>

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it turned out to be a computer code set off by a backfire from hitting the redline. so if you do that and it runs like crap afterwords then take out the icm fuse and disconnect the battery for 30 mins and it should be just fine afterwards......

·
Registered
93 Posts
I hope you are running the 160 degree theromstat only when you are racing. Don't run the 160 degree thermostat on street, your engine will wear out quick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts