Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
warm up

i used the website that RCSignals shared with us--http://autowarm.com/ and i ordered and received 1 heated seat set up which has a pad for the seat, and another for the seatback. they are connected to the same harness.

the unit i got has the newer temperature control dial with 6 settings. the unit came with printed instructions, and i will install it in my girlfriends toyota avalon as she has been saying how much she wishes her car had a heated seat on the drivers side.

as it turns out, the avalon dash has a knock out plate the exact same size as the control dial for the heated seat. however, we are not so fortunate with our 08-09 bullitts to have this same size knock out plate.

this will also provide me with a practice round to become familiar with the installation before i do an install on the bullitt.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My wife's 08 CTS had her dealer install heated seats. She loved the car but haggled with them to throw in heated seats or no deal. They put the button on the side of the seat bottom. Push up is high heat, down is low heat, middle is no heat. Works great and you dont even notice the button unless you know where to look.

·
Registered
495 Posts
My dealer said they would install them for $300 I think it was. I like the sound of six setting though, my Audi had that and you could always find the right amount of heat. With the two positions it's either too hot or not hot enough.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had heated seats installed in my wife's vehicle for $350. They're single stage (one heat setting). Two stage would have been more and the installer said the difference between the low and high setting was only 10 degrees. I priced a kit and it wasn't worth trying to do it myself. Car dealers can usually tell you who the local shop is that does all of the dealer work. One thing for sure, once you have them you'll never live without them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts