Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my heater core replaced and the installer broke the bypass thing-a-ma-jig that goes in the heater hose between the intake outlet and the upper core inlet. It had some little hoses (vacuum?) coming off of it. We have just put a hose splice in place of it and plugged the vacuum hoses for now but I would like to get a replacement part for it. Problem is this is evidently a part that is used on our Bullitts only and the Ford Dealer he went to to try to get a replacement could not come up with a correct part. Long story for short question:

Does anyone know the Ford Part number for this?

·
Registered
591 Posts
I'll give you a bump! Does anyone have an answer to the question... also you might try asking this question in the '01 discussion section to get a larger audience.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If it's the one that just broke on my car today, it is all coolant. The 3/8" line that "T"s out of the top of the 3/4" part and goes to the manifold is coolant too. I called the dealer for a new one, and so far the one guy I talked to had no idea. I will most likely have to make one out of brass fittings. It would be nice to have the right part though.
Travis..

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Hey mine just broke like a month ago and I posted up in here. I'll go find the thread.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yup, reading the other post this hose is for the heated PCV valve. I am just gonna disconnect the hose from the front of the manifold and plug it. I don't think I need a heated valve in the Sacramento valley. The dealer I talked to had a listing for a different hose for the Bullitt, but no picture to go with it. The hose for the Bullitt was also on back order, further making me lean toward unhooking it. My fitting broke on a hard 2-3 shift, so it can happen anytime, any place.
Travis..

·
Car Whisperer
20,796 Posts
wow, broke from a shift... did the engine torq that much...broke motor mount or something?

·
Registered
35 Posts
No, nothing out of the ordinary that I can tell. I think it is just the orientation of the hose/fitting that caused the rocking motion to break it. I assume it was just heat cycled one too many times. It was a really hot day to boot. One bad thing is that I think the clutch got coolant on it because it is grabier and has a different feel than it used to have. I think it slipped before I got out of the throttle. The only tip something was wrong was the rpm flair and what looked like a rubber mark from the r/r tire in the rearview mirror. At first I thought I had a flat.
Travis..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts