Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody changed theirs out yet? I just got the engine built and started today and the damn heater core is leaking. How could it go bad just sitting in the garage with no motor?... WTF

You KNOW I bypassed it so I could drive this damn thing.... WOOO WEEE it cams!

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Be glad it failed without the engine or the car running. They can make quite a mess sometimes...:exclaim:

Glad to hear your on the road again!

·
Registered
17 Posts
oo that's going to be a mess..

a heater core is always a pita install...

look for a place to put your entire interior in now..

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bypassed it before it made a large mess....

I will change it myself whenever i'm in need of a heater... Right now I dont drive it enough or need a heater while it's hot outside...

·
Registered
597 Posts
Drain the cooling system and the Air Conditiioning system. Remove complete instrument panel. Remove HVAC plenum chamber and replace heater core. Reassemble and restore fluids. Couple of hours later the task is completed.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
BullittGT433 said:
Drain the cooling system and the Air Conditiioning system. Remove complete instrument panel. Remove HVAC plenum chamber and replace heater core. Reassemble and restore fluids. Couple of hours later the task is completed.
Couple??? more like a better part of a day ;) It may be a good time to consider changing out your evap core too, depending on how it looks when you get your box out of the dash of course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts