Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way to work this morning I finally had someone challenge me. I was at the stoplight and decided it was time to air out the Bullitt. So when it turned green I took off. Little did I know that an Audi S4 was beside me. I got the jump on him before he decided he wanted to go. I was in second and had my foot in it all the way before I realized that he was behind me and gaining. I executed a perfect shift at redline into third. The S4 is still gaining. Bullitt is pulling for all it's worth and that damn Audi is still gaining. Luckily I had to turn off to make my street to go to work. So I shut it down before he legitimately passed me. Had we gone any longer he would have passed me and there was nothing I could have done about it.

Damn.

·
Premium Member
18,850 Posts
The Audi S4 is a pretty fast car...don't
feel bad Justindal.

DHG #3875
Modifications:
BULLITT chase scene recreated on rear dash
with Revell 1/25 scale 68 GT 390 Fastback and
68 Charger R/T metal body models. Unfortunately
the hub caps don't come off the Charger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2002-01-18 11:13 ]</font>

·
Registered
444 Posts
I didn't realize they S4 was as fast as the M3. I saw that the 0-60 times were similiar to the Bullitts, and with the Audi you have the addition of AWD.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well he definately had me on the top end. There was nothing left in the car and he was still gaining on me quickly.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Our cars are still cooler!!!, Those Audi's look like a bubble.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
From the Audi website;

The 2002 S4, equipped with a biturbo, 250 hp engine with performance-boosting triple-intake manifold and sporty six-speed manual or five-speed Tiptronic® transmission, delivers without hesitation.

Mention performance to most automakers and you're likely to hear about speed, speed and more speed: How fast to 60 mph, how fast a quarter mile, top speed and the like. At Audi, we measure performance differently. Our goal is performance that's both responsive and responsible. We measure effectiveness with efficiency. In other words, a better engine is not always a bigger one.

By incorporating five-valve technology in all of our offerings, Audi is able to maximize each engine's potential. Adding aluminum and other lighter weight materials to a car means a smaller engine can match a larger displacement engine. Adding a turbocharger (or two) can also up the performance ante. And that's all good news for the person responsible for fueling the car and good news as well for those who have to breathe the air.

From auto.com;

What we drove: 2000 Audi S4 2.7T, a sport sedan with a 250-horsepower, twin-turbocharged 2.7-liter V-6 engine, a six-speed manual transmission and full-time all-wheel-drive.
Base price: $37,900 Price as tested (includes options and delivery charge): $41,925

0-60 mph time: 5.9 seconds

Top speed: 143 mph

Curb weight: 3,593 pounds

Length: 176.5 inches

Turning circle (curb to curb): 37.4 feet

Standard features: Automatic transmission with Tiptronic; anti-lock brakes; automatic air conditioning with filter; 17-inch performance tires; sport suspension; tilt, telescopic steering; heatable windshield washer nozzles; Xenon headlights; two front and one rear fog lights; power windows, locks and mirrors; cruise control; power front seats; 60/40 split, folding rear seat; silk Nappa leather upholstery; maplewood trim; trip computer; alarm system; AM/FM stereo with cassette and one-disc in-dash CD player; dual front and side air bags.

Options on test vehicle: Six-speed manual transmission; convenience package with sunroof, auto-dimming mirrors and HomeLink transmitter; sport interior package; upgraded sound system with 6-disc CD changer; Audi navigation system. EPA figures: 17 mpg (city); 24 mpg (highway)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Stock, you can take him. However, they are easily chipped/modded to 300+HP... That's the fun of turbo cars. After such mods on S4's, their manual transmissions tend to give way (no problems with auto S4s (buddy has one. One sweet cruiser). Bullitt's can run quite bit more power through the powertrain...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts