Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Best Bullitt at nationals 05,10and 2013
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 51, your hip should not look like this.. New I was having problems for several years. Went into surgery on 11-20-07. All went well except when they beat in the new socket in, it cracked the pelvis, so I got a few extra screws. It only took two hours. ( I can't change the front brakes on the bullitt in that time) One week later I did 1.5 miles on the elliptical trainer, next day 5 miles on the Bike, and last night 40 mins in spin class on the bikes. So doing good. If you feel like doing the virtual surgery online go to this site.

http://www.edheads.org/activities/hip/swf/index.htm

Attachments

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I fell off of a skateboard back in '87 and broke my hip. A screw through the hip socket, plates and assorted other screws as well. I'm going to be 51 in June. I'm hoping with all the stuff they fixed back then, I won't have to worry about at least one hip later in life. I was out of circulation for a good 2 months. I never had any physical therapy, but I had been active at the gym, so when I thought I was able, I went back.

It' hurts like hell, doesn't it! Get well soon. :grin:

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Man my father is doing great then. He is 54 soon to be 55 and has no problems, well except his hearing is going slightly.

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
I was an OR Scrub Nurse in the Army back in the mid 70's. I scrubbed on several of these while at Ft. Sam Houston in San Antonio. I never liked to do the ortho surgery. It made me cringe when we got out the bone saws and acted like the bones were just some lumber. Of course that it just about all the skeleton is about. (Always preferred the soft tissue work.) Baby delivery was fun too!

Don't get too crazy with the PT. Take your time! Glad your working your way back to shape, some other folks (ahem!) could use you as a role model!

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Glad to hear that you are on the mend dennis, take care.

·
Best Bullitt at nationals 05,10and 2013
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hip

barry bullitt said:
Will you be able to do everything as before? Could you play tennis for instance?
I am not supposed to Run outdoors again...or Fast stop- start sports. Doubles Tennis oK
Golf OK I also ride hard on the Bicycle...Have to give up Raquette Ball. I will need my other hip and both knees replaced in the future..I have had 4 knee surgeries.

As the saying goes..If I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

Thanks for the well wishes.
Dennis

·
Registered
40 Posts
hey Dennis, glad you are doing ok take it easy on the bike though, better not to over do it. will send you pics of #04368 asap. guess you don't need anymore of #2000
David

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Hi Dennis,
Hope you are back up and around real soon. I've managed to make it to 57, almost 50 of those on motorcycles and by the grace of God haven't broken any bones (at least that I'm aware of ;-) Will be praying for a complete and speedy recovery. Thanks for the info about stickers, build sheets etc. Very helpful for a new Bullitt owner.
Cheers,
Gary #2873

·
Registered
453 Posts
Glad your doing well. You'll be double-clucthing before you know it!

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Sounds like you are doing well, but from the description I'm glad your doctors aren't mechanics.....'get a bigger hammer this isn't fitting'

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Hey Dennis glad to hear you are on the mend! And also to hear that it is all going well. My father in law had his replaced several years ago and i was amazed how little time it took to do the surgery and how small the incision was.

Truly amazing!

Take care my friend and hope to see you at next years nats!!!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hey Dennis, good to see you posting again and that your doing well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts