Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I got Bullitt 00746 and I love it. It was half an early graduation present and half a way to prove that I could be trusted with payments to my parents. It is a HUGE difference from my first car (a pontiac firebird) and it took a little while getting used to. Well, nearly three months and 10,000 miles later, I think I got it. People all around town are learning what a Bullitt is (and what it can do). :wink:
I was wondering if anyone knows any really successful bolt-on mods?
I wish I could do alot, but I am on a limited budget (insurance and gas)
I was thinking about a JLT CAI since I saw it on my buddy's 98 cobra. Any
comments?

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congrats man, enjoy the car. I have a JLT CAI and I love it. The only downside is the elbow that connects it to the throttle body will most likely rub on the fire blanket/underside of the hood. Here is a couple pics of mine.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
First mod I would do is change the shifter. I had a tri-ax and liked it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Steeda Tri-Ax? I have seen it before and heard good things, but what kind of improvements can I really expect? Just less chance of missing a gear? Is that really worth it?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright. Thanks guys. I figure that will be my second mod when I find another job. The JLT still looks like a winner for sure. (Apparently I can get better gas mileage on it too?)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the help guys. Today I got myself a new Steeda Tri-Ax and that thing is pretty bad -the way it is lined up is really nice too-

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome aboard!!! I too have the steeda shifter ( it was already in when
I got the car) wasn't keen on it at first.always seemed to have a problem
coming out of 5th back to 4th. took a little while but I figured it out.
I was trying to force the shifter rather than let it do it's job. now i'm
quite happy with it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya, I see what you're saying about letting it do its job. I still force it sometimes because I was used to forcing it with the stock setup. It still feels a little akward in gentle daily driving, but it screams to be thrown around when I need it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts