Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope all of you are doing well this very special day. Two weeks ago I traded in my 2000 Lightning (that really hurt)because I got tired of getting it fixed. Got a black Bullitt (test drove it 5 times)and have been enjoying it each day. The clearcoat was slightly damaged (from the factory)so the dealer paid for a local detail shop to polish out the swirl / buff marks. I have had HOT mustangs etc since the 60's and this Bullit really reminds me of those original mustangs (good memories). What I really like about this board is the mutual respect and kindness that you members display. I wish all of you much happiness with your Bullits.

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-28 10:51, DrBullitt wrote:
Hope all of you are doing well this very special day. Two weeks ago I traded in my 2000 Lightning (that really hurt)because I got tired of getting it fixed. Got a black Bullitt (test drove it 5 times)and have been enjoying it each day. The clearcoat was slightly damaged (from the factory)so the dealer paid for a local detail shop to polish out the swirl / buff marks. I have had HOT mustangs etc since the 60's and this Bullit really reminds me of those original mustangs (good memories). What I really like about this board is the mutual respect and kindness that you members display. I wish all of you much happiness with your Bullits.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Traded in a lighting for a BULLITT....WOW.

Thanks Great!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ray,
WOW is a proper response. At 3000 miles my engine developed "piston slap"; the engine and blower had to be replaced. At 4000 miles the blower had to be replace due to a bad bearing. My drivers seat had to be re-clothed because of defective padding. At 5000 miles the differential developed a seal leak. After 3 alignments my tires wore out at 15000 miles (295zr45x18). The dealer replaced these (list at $341 each). After the new tires and another alignment the front end drifted off AGAIN....so got fed up and sold it. Besides this 1999 and 2000 lightnings have a very serious problem with intercooler leaks (the 50/50 mix of antifreeze can leak into the intake manifold) thus causing engine damage.
So there you ago...pretty bad huh ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I paid 32k for the Lightning and this lack of reliability / quality is horrible. IMHO anytime Ford gets into blowers, 4 camshafts and anything exotic, serious quality issues OFTEN arise. Again, thanks for the welcome.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-09-16 18:05 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Welcome Aboard, Doc! I think you'll find us a very friendly and helpful gang. Some of us are young, many of us are older and reliving our youth in the Bullitt! It does bring back some fond memories of those lost horsepower days we grew to love as young adults, before horsepower became gerbil power. This is an awesome machine, and the more one drives it, the more one loves it...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to: Dillo Dave
Thanks for the welcome.
My first mustang was a 65 with a 289 (1 hp per cu in;that was the ideal back then). Since then have had most every mustang made; including Cobra's. Since I cant afford a P51-D WWII Mustang with a Rolls Royce Merlin engine, this is the closest I can get. By the way, if any of you would like some great Mustang photos (both car and THE airplane), can post the URL for you'll.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts