Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Bishop. I must be the new guy. I'm 35, married and father of two. Just signed papers on 4482 Tuesday night. So far it's a blast to drive.

Things I love:
1. The exhaust. I know some of you think it's too quiet, but I think it's just about perfect. I'm not 19 anymore, and I don't need the sound of glasspacks droning on and on, but I do want to hear it when I get in to the gas.

2. The acceleration. This is the quickest thing I've driven in quite some time.

3. Holy crap, it's comfortable too. I'm 6 foot tall and I don't have to put the seat all the way back and still feel cramped.

4. It's a sleeper, and I love that understated look. It's the first Mustang in a long time that I've genuinely liked the looks of.

Things I like:
1. I've got two kids (ages 3 and 5) and the whole family can go for a drive. It does get cramped then, but it works.

2. Being able to run 87 or 91 octane is pretty cool.

3. The Speedo and Tach. It really reminds me of my old '67. Of course my speedo only went up to 120.

Things I don't care for:
1. The Shaker 500. I'm not impressed. I mean come on, it's the 21st century and I've got to look at a green LCD screen and hit button after button to see what song/artist I'm listening to on Sirius?

2. That dam_ turn signal noise. I can't explain it, but I hate that sound.

3. I'm not completely sold on the aluminum dash plate. Maybe it will grow on me.

4. I gave up an '04 F-150 supercab for the Bullitt. I'm going to miss that truck. I also need to get something to tow my boat with now.

That's it for now. I'll see you around the forums.

Bishop

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Purchasing was painless... relatively.

Magic City Ford in Roanoke, VA. On Friday I took my truck in to have the oil changed and get the inspection done. I walked over to the sales lot to kill some time with a neighbor of mine that is one of the sales managers there. They have a GT500 and GT500KR on the sales floor and we got to talking about them. I told him how much I liked the Bullitt because of it's clean looks and he mentioned how hard they were trying to get rid of it. I said "Oh yeah? Tell me more". I wound up driving it home for the weekend and decided to keep it.

Now I'm going to have to go pick up a cheap used truck. I have a boat to tow and plywood and brush to haul. 4 wheel drive would be nice too as we are sometimes known to get snow around here.

I plan on keeping the car relatively stock, the performance of it is just fine with me. But I'm pretty sure that radio is going to go. I've already been looking at Crutchfield.

I had a couple of '67s back in high school and college so I'm not new to Mustangs, but those were the last ones I had and the newer body styles hadn't been doing it for me. But I really like the looks of this one and I hope to keep it for quite some time.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Hey Bishop, welcome to IMBOC from Canada :)

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
:cool: Welcome to IMBOC! :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.