Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in building a cold air intake for the B that is similar to a JLT kit. I would be able to basically make an almost identical one for almost half price of the ones they sell, but I can't seem to find the rubber coupler that goes from the throttle body to the intake tube. Anyone know where I can find one? I've had a hard time, and it seems like no one sells the oval shaped couplings.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Couldn't you just measure the circumference of the throttle body, then find a round coupler with the same circumference and just bend it into an oval?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
courterman08 said:
Couldn't you just measure the circumference of the throttle body, then find a round coupler with the same circumference and just bend it into an oval?
Probably but it might be difficult depending on the thickness of the coupler. Plus the circumference is probably like 6-8 inches which I don't think they make couplers that big that reduce to 3-5 or 4 inches for the intake pipe.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I don't have a part #, but Vortech makes the couplers for there supercharger kits. I bought one from Need-4-Speed in Clearwater Fl about 6 yrs ago.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Walkman003309 said:
I don't have a part #, but Vortech makes the couplers for there supercharger kits. I bought one from Need-4-Speed in Clearwater Fl about 6 yrs ago.
Thanks! Do you happen to know what the part number is? I checked on Need-4-Speed's website but I can't find the right one.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I've been thinking the same as you since i did the Bullitt intake swap on my '03 GT last winter.It's finding the time,and place to see if there is a "coupler" out there that will work.
Keep an update on your progress.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Call and talk to Tony, the owner. The part # will not be listed, but he should help with a phone call.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Call JLT and tell them you have a bullitt with a JLT intake. Your rubber elbow is ripped and you need another one.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
McQ Stang said:
Call JLT and tell them you have a bullitt with a JLT intake. Your rubber elbow is ripped and you need another one.
Good call. I'm gonna do that. Once I get this project started, I'll make a thread with the progress.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts