Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I looking forward to add some suspension kit to my bullitt, but I'm realy confused about what to buy! my 2 options are:

Eibach Pro System Plus
Eibach Sportline Plus
or
FRPP Handling Pack

the price of all 3 is about the same, but what I need is a better lowered look for my bullitt and every day driveability...
I anyone has or knows such kit I would be grateful if I get some feedback...thanks

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
I've been looking into lowering my Bullitt too. And while I can't comment about these I did notice that some of the suspension lowering kits I’ve seen at various sites seem to be designed with vastly different applications in mind.

Example: Some kits are designed for “launching” while others with “handling” in mind. I’m also worried that some seem to be purely cosmetic with probably “zero” benefits in either category and while they might look good – actually take away from the Bullitt’s already improved handling over a stock GT.

As for my application I’m not interested in something that is purely focused on “launching” nor am I looking at a solely “cosmetic” kit. I would prefer an honest to god suspension “handling” upgrade that would improve things in the twisties without taking away too much from the overall ride quality.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey Chris,

I installed Steeda Sports Springs, mainly for cosmetic reason. They lowered the car 3/4 inch, measured about 20 miles after installation. They might have settled to the advertised 1 inch by now. I put in Steeda upper strut mounts at the same time. On hot pavement when the tires have warmed up, I dont find there is much difference in the ride from stock but on cold tires it clunks really loud, particularly the rear. I will phone Steeda to see if they have a solution. On the plus side it handles better and the nose dives less on braking. The installation is straight forward. I put out a thread with more info in the 08/09 Mods a month or two ago but I dont know how to retrieve it..... Before and after pics below.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey guys,
@ Luc yes I saw your post, and the car looks great cause is not to low so you have no problems I think with obstacles! but I live in switzerland and here we have problems with the law if you mod cars...so I would like to stai with Ford or Shelby so that the mods look like is stock!
I'm really looking for some kit that has a great look and great handling when cornering, but still remaining good in driveability...

·
Registered
249 Posts
SwissBullitt said:
Hi guys,
I looking forward to add some suspension kit to my bullitt, but I'm realy confused about what to buy! my 2 options are:

Eibach Pro System Plus
Eibach Sportline Plus
or
FRPP Handling Pack

the price of all 3 is about the same, but what I need is a better lowered look for my bullitt and every day driveability...
I anyone has or knows such kit I would be grateful if I get some feedback...thanks

Chris
Ooh! Ahh! Now here's something that might interest everyone. The Roush Mustang Stage 3 Suspension Kit is being offered for sale separately by Roush WITHOUT having to purchase one of their modified Mustangs. Reportedly the entire kit is being offered for just $1499 (USD). This just might even be a BIG improvement over our already excellent Bullitt suspension.

http://www.themustangnews.com/tech_08/st-0708roush149.htm

Opinions anyone?

·
Registered
745 Posts
The Stage 3 kit is designed (spring rates) for the added weight of a supercharger sitting in the engine bay.
The Ford Racing Handling Pack is it's match or superior.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mustang 3 said:
The Stage 3 kit is designed (spring rates) for the added weight of a supercharger sitting in the engine bay.
The Ford Racing Handling Pack is it's match or superior.

I see that you have the FRPP handling kit on your bullitt?how is it?ride confort?
ground clearance?
thaks for your info

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just lowered mine with Steeda sports and Tokico d-spec shocks. The new stance looks great!!!

I haven't played with the tokico's much yet. I have the front set at 4 turns for hard and the rear at 4.5 and it feels very close to the stock setup...except less nose dive.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Swiss: Ground clearence is fine. Drops the body about 1.5 in...the first and best benefit is that the 18 in wheels and tires 'fill' the wheel wells--the extra gap is gone. On a smooth road..can't tell the difference...bad road..yeah you will feel the stiffness and alot less body roll.

Cornering, huge improvement--that can be further improved by changing rubber to 255's with a softer compound tire. Look above at post 3 and Luc's..his 'last' photo--that is close, I'm about 1/2 in lower--not much but it makes it look just perfect, In my opinion.

It is also a matched kit: shock/struts designed for the springs etc. Now if your building a full out track car..coil overs, adjustable panhard bar, upper and lower control arms etc etc the whole works- that is a different subject...but for a pure streetable street car on a $1500 budget...I've yet to see a better kit. You can maybe 'match' it but you won't buy better.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you david...your info helped me a lot! I think I'm going for the FRPP Pack!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
by the way do you have some pics of your bullitt?to see it how it looks?I would love it if you can...thanks

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Looks Great Luc!!!! How was your ride home? Wife is trying to talk me into buying your old Mustang. She wants that car bad. I told her I would give you an email soon.

Rob and Steph

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.