Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is going to be the star in an independant film and i need to make a few mods that are out of the ordinary for the film. Th eone that i can't figure out how to do is the following: I need to have a way to hide my rear license plate(like maybe a switch that i flip that can activate a metal plate to cover it or that makes it drop down into a slot in the bumper....any ideas that are realistic and dont require an extreme amount of work would be greatly appreciated. thanx for helping UT's film students!

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
U will need an old lic holder from a 87-89 Chevy Caprice and a electric button that is used on shaved doors to help open them.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Hide it, like in a James Bond movie, where it would rotate to be another plate? That would be a chore and probably unmodifiable once done. If you want some special plate just for the movie, you (or I) could make something in Photoshop that looks like a real plate, but wouldn't be. PM me and I'll help if I can.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Does it have to be a metal plate? Could you do a "scroll" type (paper?) plate that rolls up and down?

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Talk to some street rodders, I know there is a kit to do this. Can not find it now.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know how that hideaplate works but i will be calling them tmrw because that thing looks kick ass!!!

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
A good ol' Canadian invention!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts