Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have a great story for you guys. There is a Blue Bullitt in great need of rescue very close to where I work. I talked to the man who owns the car when he was using it as a daily driver and told him about IMBOC. He told me he had gotten the car from an old man who traded in the car to a local Ford Dealership. Now he works as a BMW salesman at a dealership within walking distance of my job. I saw the car pretty much every day until about March of this year. I finally saw him at the gas station sometime last month and asked him where the car was. (He was filling up a new 3 series BMW) He said the motor "gave up" on him and he no longer was driving it. I finally saw the car behind the dealership a few weeks ago and it really hurt me to see it in such bad shape. The car looks like it has been sitting there for months. It needs a lot of parts including new headlights, tires, a new rear seal, and an engine. But suprisingly, the body looks okay. I have offered to buy the car from him but he doesn't really want to sell it. I don't want this car to get away because I know how rare the Blue Bullitts are. I know it will need a good amount of work but me and my dad are ready for a good project. Any suggestions on how to get the guy to budge on selling the car? I know he is a salesman so it will be tough :doubt: The tags on the car are expired and it just sits in the back lot. I hope he changes his mind. Me and my dad will try and rebuild the engine that is in the car now (It only has 48,000 on it) or we will replace it with the engine from Bullitt #1774. If that is the case, I will have a Black and Blue Bullitt because this one is blue and #1774 was black. :lol: Thanks for reading and any suggestions on how to get the car will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
I would make him an offer and if he says "No" then leave him your contact info to let you know if he ever changes his mind. You may just get a surprise call someday when you least expect it. :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Good luck with saving it. I've only seen 1 Blue Bullitt on the road over the last couple of years in the Northern Virginia/DC area (seen the same one about 3 times). They are rare and are a good looking color.

·
Best Bullitt at nationals 05,10and 2013
1,997 Posts
MarylandBullitt said:
Well, I have a great story for you guys. There is a Blue Bullitt in great need of rescue very close to where I work. I talked to the man who owns the car when he was using it as a daily driver and told him about IMBOC. He told me he had gotten the car from an old man who traded in the car to a local Ford Dealership. Now he works as a BMW salesman at a dealership within walking distance of my job. I saw the car pretty much every day until about March of this year. I finally saw him at the gas station sometime last month and asked him where the car was. (He was filling up a new 3 series BMW) He said the motor "gave up" on him and he no longer was driving it. I finally saw the car behind the dealership a few weeks ago and it really hurt me to see it in such bad shape. The car looks like it has been sitting there for months. It needs a lot of parts including new headlights, tires, a new rear seal, and an engine. But suprisingly, the body looks okay. I have offered to buy the car from him but he doesn't really want to sell it. I don't want this car to get away because I know how rare the Blue Bullitts are. I know it will need a good amount of work but me and my dad are ready for a good project. Any suggestions on how to get the guy to budge on selling the car? I know he is a salesman so it will be tough :doubt: The tags on the car are expired and it just sits in the back lot. I hope he changes his mind. Me and my dad will try and rebuild the engine that is in the car now (It only has 48,000 on it) or we will replace it with the engine from Bullitt #1774. If that is the case, I will have a Black and Blue Bullitt because this one is blue and #1774 was black. :lol: Thanks for reading and any suggestions on how to get the car will be appreciated.
Please send me the vin # and car # when you can.
Dennis [email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
money talks, "make him an offer he can't refuse"

·
Registered
258 Posts
Pulling out cash money will get his attention. Shows you are serious.

I got a 1942 HD WLA with cash. Tried for three years, then three days after i offered cash in hand the the guy took it.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I agree with Neil. Decide what bottom line amount you are willing to give for it. Get that much in cash and put it in front of him. I don't know what size bills you can get these days as my wife will not let me have anything over a 5 but if they make $500 bills I am willing to bet that a handful of them will get his attention.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you get him to sell it, and don't want it or have money. Let me know!! I'm in the market for a Bullitt. Want a green one, but surely would save this rare blue one

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE

Well here's the update on the story. I talked to the guy one more time last Thursday and he wouldn't change his mind. He REALLY wants to keep the car. I'm not sure what is going to happen to it but I told him if he ever changes his mind I am ready to buy it. Maybe one day down the road i'll get a call from him but who knows. Dennis, i'll get the Vin # off the car tomorrow after work and email it to you.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Check out Stripnzinc's car in Steve's used car lot. It's a TB with the Cobra front end already on the car. It is high miles, so you buy it further on down the road you might want to swap out that engine for yours... just a thought.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.