Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had decided to buy a Bullitt when they were announced. A buddy of mine wanted one too. He had about half the cash to put down on one back in January, but ended up spending it all. I felt kinda bad, and decided to hold off (call me stupid).

Well, by April I had just decided to go ahead and buy a F250 CC Powerstroke 4X4 instead of a Mustang. I don't know what happened, I have never really been a truck person, even though I do use them for work. The Powerstroke XLT would be more like a luxury vehicle, no matter how I tried to convince myself it was for work.

Things changed a little bit when I saw Bullitt 1303 in person. I knew the dealer and knew they would not give me X Plan, so for the hell of it I began checking around. I ended up talking to a salesman at another local dealership in May, who, after talking to an inventory manager, said they could do X Plan for me. They have six on order and are expecting them anytime now.

The problem, I have started looking at Powerstrokes again :smile: I am not even sure I want a Mustang anymore. I bought a 87 5.0 LX Hatch new and loved it. I still have it and an 88 coupe, which are both torn apart at the present time. Maybe it has been so long since I drove a Mustang on the street, I don't remember how fun they are. Why am I doing this? Do I not really want the Bullitt? Do I really want the truck? Help me stay focused on the Bullitt. That's what I really want...I think :smile:

You guys seem to realy enjoy yours, so I figure you can talk me out of the truck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-06-16 02:31 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh BTW, how this for my first post on this board. I posted it in the wrong forum
Sorry about that. LOL

·
Registered
610 Posts
Admittedly I'm a Mustang nut. :smile: The purchase of the Bullitt had nothing to do with common sense and everything to do with that intangible that sometimes screams out and says "I've gotta have one of those", as your pulse quickens and you start to sweat. The next day when you wake up and feel the same way you know what you're going to do! Whatever it takes. The Bullitt was one of those times for me! I bet I am not alone!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Heck yeah! I don't even have mine yet, it has to wait until I can go get it next Thursday. Payments and insurance on this are going to stretch my take home pay to the max. I'm not worried about it at all, because of exactly what you just said. Everyone has a thing or two they can't (and shouldn't) turn down. This is one of mine, and the most expensive by far. My G/F has been quite supportive and enthusiastic about the whole thing as well, despite the probable standard of living impact. I think she'll be even cooler about it after I hand her the keys the first time!

You only go around once!

Joe

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Here's another Idea. Think about some blind chinse guy in robe saying, "Grasshopper try to snatch the pebble from my hand". Worked for me! Bullitt 1007 is in the garage.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,029 Posts
bullitt197 same here! We went down to look at GTs and there weren't any due to a show that day. A dealer told us they had just gotten in a brochure that very day on the Bullitt and if we had heard of it yet. I said I had seen something about it on the Internet when I was looking up Gts. We thought about it for about a half hour or so and ordered ours on January 31st--my birthday!( and 1 day before you did)! We received Bullette #344 on May 9th.

Vicki

1 - 8 of 8 Posts