Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just moved house and have now got a garage for my pride and joy. I have also pledged to cut down my annual mileage from 12,000 miles a year to around 4-5000. So my main problem now seems to be the flat battery each time I go to use the car, if I leave it unused for a typical 6-7 days. The battery I have in is a new one, under a year old, is this normal or not?

Once I jump start it's all fine and it runs like a dream.

What should I get checked?

Laurence

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I never figured it out. I just bought a Duralast Gold battery (8 year warranty) and if the car will be parked for more than a day or two I unplug the battery. Jeff (bullitt2180.1) has tracked it down to something with the radio, but has gotten no farther. This would have been a great dealer fix under warranty except that I didn't really notice it until I had already done several electrical modifications. I thought that I was the only one until about 6 months ago.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Check the obvious: battery cables, alternator, etc.

You also could have a parasitic draw...check the amperage of the draw with doors closed, and everything else turned off. Most cars should have no more than 2-4 milliamps.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
Optima yellow top. It can sit for months with no problems. I have had no discharge problems since I went with the yellow top. Or, maybe because I'm a nurse! :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
I can leave my car for ages 2 or 3 weeks at a time and it still starts first go.
I am still on the original battery as well

Bob

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I was having no problems, but for piece of mind, I bought a new Die-Hard from Sears and installed it last October.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts