Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 10k on my Bullitt and believe it or not the tranny is making noise! Instead of dealing with the 3650 I want to the t56 swap. Does anybody know what all it takes to accompolsh this?

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I push the clutch in (at a stop) it sounds fine, no sound at all. However, when I put it in neutral and let the clutch out it makes a "whirring" noise. I believe it to be the throwout bearing. The shift fork and synchros' were replaced at about 2k under warranty (previous owner). I am taking it to a shop on thursday to make sure it is the throwout bearing.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Welcome Randy!

As far as I know this is a "NORMAL" sound that the cars make. Every time I drive the car I think the same thing about the throwout bearing. I had one go on my wifes 95 GT and I replaced it myself....grrrr bad memories sore finger grrrr story for another day.....but like I said this has been talked about and front what I can remember is its just an all around noisy tranny :(

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
its a throw out bearing and my car has a brand new one in it and it makes the noise...not too bad but its there. ull have the same issue with a t56 as a 3650 so why swap it??

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
The 3650 "noise" you hear is normal. I just had MRT install the 3650 a few weeks back. The OEM shifter has a bushing that deadens the noise but the bushing is removed with the 3650 install.

I think! :wink:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I had a 84 Capri with the 5.0 and the T-5. Same noise. It also had piston slap thrown in for no extra charge. Dealer said that's the normal 5.0 and stick tranny in these Ford cars.

Don't you Love It!

Oh yeah, WELCOME to IMBOC!

Our cars come with a Noise cancelling device. Nominally refered to as the Mach 460 in cars owner manual. Increase volume until the noise cancelling device "kicks in" or your ears bleed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input guys! I'll try that noise dampening device, I think I know how that one works. . . if it hasn't broke yet! I have only been on the site for a day now and I already feel like I fit right in, with the tranny problems and all. haha. Oh, and if any one was wondering, I called my "trusty" Ford dealer and they told me tough luck on the tranny!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
4fit? said:
CobraBob makes some shifter gaskets that are supposed to quiet some of the tranny noise. You can find out more about them at the site below:
http://stangshiftergaskets.com/
when i went with my triax it came with one that is better imo than cobra bobs

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a ? for 3934, did we meet at the Walmart parking lot? Why I am asking is because I met a couple that live here in Bellingham. I was having lunch at Walmart, and they said that they had a Bullitt also. If so, that is great that there are two BULLITT'S in Bellingham. I think you were on your way to a race and had to go so, we made our converstaion short. I had Canadian plates but I do live here in Bellingham. DON'T tell, hee hee... But seriously, my wife is from here.
If its you, drop me an email(its my wifes) and we could get together sometime.
Thanks
Shane

[email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts