Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I canget a schematic on the drive belt for the Bullitt. Mine just came off, and I would rather just put it back on rather than have it towed to the dealer. I just need to see how the belt runs. If no schematic, I could work off a description (i.e. alternator to ac to power steering, etc.) There's so many pulleys on it I'm having trouble assertaining the info just by looking at it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
THERE SHOULD BE A DECAL IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT, SHOULD BE IN FRONT OF RADIATOR
BETWEEN GRILL AND RADIATOR..
CHECK YOUR OWNERS BOOK ALSO.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Steeda,

They didn't put the sticker in most of our cars. There was a thread about this a while back. I think the owners manual is where I would start.

Good luck,

Eric

How did you throw the belt? You might want to make sure that none of the tensioners are broken. I would be a little suspicious of just having the belt come off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's really wet here in Austin. I drove through a pretty good puddle when it happened. I checked the tension of the belt just a few days back, and it was fine. The manual doesn't give a lot of help because it only shows a top view of the engine. The real trick is circumventing the bottom pulley system. The manual gives no help there. Purhaps someone can take a peak at their engine to help. I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sat and looked at it long enough that I figured it out. The tension is fine, but the middle pulley is oriented in such a way that I can see how easily it can come off if it gets wet. Be careful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts