Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering a gear kit with an SCT3 powerflash tuner and they need the computer code to program it to my car. It shows where to locate it behind the passenger side kick panel. How the heck do I get to it though? I've searched the archives for a link or write up but no luck. The whole lower plastic sill piece has to come off to get to the kick panel, but there's no visible screws or pins holding it down. I'm assuming it just pops off. I tried to pull it off starting at the back and no luck. At the very back it popped loose, but the further I went forward nothing came loose. I couldn't feel any tabs and I didn't want to pull too hard for fear of breaking it. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
That lower seal is held on by clips that grab into both the metal and the plastic. Just pull slowly and with a good bit of pressure and they will come off. On both sides of mine two clips stayed with the metal and two clips stayed with the plastic. For install just take the clips off the metal and slide it back into place on the plastic then tap it all back into place with the palm of your hand.

As for the side panel it has one plastic push fastener that you have to pull out (BUY the tool!!!! makes it SO MUCH EASIER and less likely to mess it up) then just grab the plastic piece and pull it toward the rear of the car, it has a spring clip holding it in place.

in the picture you can see the computer. I hope this helps and if you have any questions just ask! If you want pics of that plastic door runner showing the clips I can get that for you too!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was able to get it off and luckily all the clips stayed in place. The actual kick panel didn't come off because I didn't have the tool,(buying one for the next time)but I was able to get it out of the way enough to get to the code. Everything's back in place now, and I'm off to order my gear set!

Thanks alot for the help Jeff!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
no problem! By the way Sears has the tool for about 20.00. I could tell it was money well spent right after I pulled the first one of those dang fastners! Glad I could help

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
no problem! By the way Sears has the tool for about 20.00. I could tell it was money well spent right after I pulled the first one of those dang fastners! Glad I could help
Do you have a picture of the tool, or the Sears part#?
Thanks,
Bruce

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
They usually do fall off in time,mine almost did after two years,so now i leave it taped to the inside of my glove box.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
You can see the tool in the picture above. It comes with the one in the picture and another with a much greater curve to it. (look for the red handle laying in the floor board) I don't have the part number for it but it was pretty easy to find at sears. The sears I went to didn't have a craftsman version of it. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
163 Posts
On a separate note (not trying to hijack this thread), Jeff, how's the rebuild coming along?

Kimnach Ford has an 08 Bullitt on their web site (though it's not listed as a Bullitt, they can't fool me :p ), so I"m going to go look at it today.

Their asking price on the web is 32,745, which isn't a horrible mark up at all.

-the other Jeff in Va. Beach

·
Registered
281 Posts
Am I missing something here or am I retarded? I remember just plugging in to a port under the dash, same one used to smog the car. It downloaded and shebang, done. I don't remember disassembly. I know it downloaded because my speedo corrected for my 410s and it pings now if I do not run premium.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
h2obullitt said:
Am I missing something here or am I retarded? I remember just plugging in to a port under the dash, same one used to smog the car. It downloaded and shebang, done. I don't remember disassembly. I know it downloaded because my speedo corrected for my 410s and it pings now if I do not run premium.
No, I had to access the computer code to send to SCT so they could program the tuner for my computer. After this, it's just plug and play with the access port under the dash.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts