Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the 3.73 gears from the group buy yesterday. What a great deal!
Next dilema: how to adjust the computer for the proper speedometer reading.
Speedcal from Dallas Mustang is relatively cheap and easy to use (so i hear.) But, should I spend a little extra and get Paul to custom burn a chip? Does anyone have a PHP chip burned for the 3.73's? If so, have you had any problems. I really don't want to send the chip back a bunch of times for reprogramming. Any and all help will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I think I will be going the speed cal route. This way a future gear ratio change will not require a chip reburn and more $$.

But I would like to skip the chip completly and get a device for timming (steeda TA) and a device for mixture (?? $300 for MAFterburner is TOO high). But I am a control freak. :-B

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Get the Speedcal. For $100 you can adjust it yourself for whatever gears or tire size you might change to in the future.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Or you can buy a Hypertech programmer, which can be programed to a number of different gear ratios. Plus a little more performance as well. :smile:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Does the hypertech negate the need for a timing adjuster? At first glance I'd think yes, but the chart for Ford products seems to indicate "no" for our cars.

Joe

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
No need for a timing adjuster with Hypertech. I believe there are two mods, one for use with 87 octane and the more aggressive using 93 octane.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2002-01-28 11:58 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I had a problem with the speedcal cutting my cruise control in and out. So I wend with a diablo chip, I figure I can use the chip for adjustment when installing future mods. I am planing on a SC in the future so this is the way I should have gone in the first place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts