Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on some of your posts,it sounds like an Xpipe will produce the higher pitched exhaust note that I,m looking for.Has anyone installed an X pipe using the stock cats,mufs,and pipes and did you like the results.Hate to pitch the new stock parts($s)if just the X will work.Will this mod require some type of computer mod to adjust the air/fuel ratio or will the existing program handle this.Don,t know much about these modern machines.Thanks for your help.
P.S. anyone in or near the N.Y.C./Long Island area with this mod that I could check out?

Dale Robertson
DHG #4120

·
Registered
148 Posts
Dale: Seems that most people here are going the X pipe with cats. I wanted to get rid of this restriction and went with a Bassani X pipe,and left the orginal Bullitt mufflers on.Naturally the "check engine light"will come on but MIL eleminators just plug into your harness and that problem is solved.Ive never had an exhaust modification fit this good.This stainless X pipe is a no hassle mod.The sound level comes up dramatically and the pitch it higher also.Above 2000rpm its not annoying but down lower its a window rattler-I love it.The orginal pipe will go back on in less than an hour if need be.There are dozens of different ways to bring up the sound level with different mufflers and or pipes, H or X.Mine is a garage queen so can live (enjoy) this level of sound.To each his own.The car guys seem to love it,naturally most of our wives dont.It would be nice if you could hear someones set up befor you spend the long dollar,Id back mine out for you if you ever get to Michigan. Maybe the Bullitt web will find you someone closer. Enjoy your Bullitt.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Dale, as you can see from my signature I welded in Magnaflows to keep the rolled tips. The Bassani X just sounds better with straight through mufflers. Very NASCAR.

John

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
i installed the Bassani X-pipe with Hi-Flow cats and love the sound! no check engine light either... sounds bitchin! i heard a difference from the second i turned the car on for the first time after the install... BROOM, br br br br rb rb rb rbr rb rb... quiet at idle, and AWESOME at wide open throttle!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Paliach: Tell me about who to get the flaming grill pony. I thought they only fit up to 98 mustangs and only late model cobras. I see the adds in the mags constantly and really want one but heard they don't fit 01 Bullitts and GT's.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
hey uplsayer,
i got mine through eBay from Thunderbolt Motorsports for 76 bux i think it was...

fit rite on.. im kinda mad, cuz i screwed up the holding pins on the Chrome pony (my fault), so now i can never put it on again..

but yeah.. i like it.. im waitin for pics to develop..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts