Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finnished an a/a intercooler on DHG 00293, today it put down 402rwhp/371rwtq......However, i'm running out of fuel between 5000/5500 rpms. I've currently got the single focus pump that came with the vortech kit.

My tuner suggested I get a KB boost-a-pump, but I was just wondering if theres a cheaper alternative, because i'm not looking to push my current set-up too much farther. I've found focus pumps for $110, would it be possible to just add another pump without major modification? or is there any other route I could go?? Any help would be much appreciated!!

·
Registered
591 Posts
At your power level, an '03 cobra tank and dual pumps would probably be the best solution. I don't know that cheap should be the goal on building a fuel system, as adequate fuel is cheap insurance that your motor will not detonate. Those are just my thoughts.

If your tuner suggested a boost-a-pump and you trust him, then that is probably a cheaper route.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stang4.6 said:
At your power level, an '03 cobra tank and dual pumps would probably be the best solution. I don't know that cheap should be the goal on building a fuel system, as adequate fuel is cheap insurance that your motor will not detonate. Those are just my thoughts.

If your tuner suggested a boost-a-pump and you trust him, then that is probably a cheaper route.
I dont mean I want to go cheap on it, I never go cheap on anyhting, I just meant i'd rather not dump a ton of money into building a fuel system that isnt going to need to handle too much more power than it already is. I had thought about the termi tank and pumps, usually go for $400+.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
When it comes to Fuel systems and oil systems, going to slightly more expensive route is the best bet sometimes. Go with either the Boost-A-Pump or the 03/04 cobra tank with dual pumps, or what i REALLY recomend is both.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
When it comes to Fuel systems and oil systems, going to slightly more expensive route is the best bet sometimes. Go with either the Boost-A-Pump or the 03/04 cobra tank with dual pumps, or what i REALLY recomend is both.
Yep.

I have BOTH on my car.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Boost-a-Pump will b ok for now if ur not gooing to push much more than u have.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I suggest getting a pump from a Lincoln Navigator. They fit into your tank and supply more fuel than the focus pump. This is what my tuner said to me anyways. Something to look into.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My friends 03 KB cobra is at 550rwhp with the stock pump and a BAP, so I think the BAP will be fine for my set-up because like I said, i'm not looking to push this current set-up toomuch farther.

The Navi pump idea is interesting, i'll look into it, but I might of already found a BAP anyway.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
With the KB you use a BAP with the stock pump so it should work fine with your upgraded pump.

·
Registered
987 Posts
May I ask what kind of exhaust ur running?

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OGBATMAN said:
May I ask what kind of exhaust ur running?
SLP LT headers, SLP off road X-pipe, SLP LM cat-back

·
Registered
591 Posts
TheCat033 said:
I dont mean I want to go cheap on it, I never go cheap on anyhting, I just meant i'd rather not dump a ton of money into building a fuel system that isnt going to need to handle too much more power than it already is. I had thought about the termi tank and pumps, usually go for $400+.
Glad to hear it. Sounds like you have it under control with the BAP.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bullitt4859 said:
how do you like the SLP setup - im thinking of going with the LT and catted x cross
I love the SLP, most people dont like it because it is obnoxiously loud, but I love it.

One word of advice, unless you plan on having your engine out of the car anytime soon, dont bother with the Lt's.

There a real pita and you'll most likely end up paying more to install them than the parts actually cost....and they dont make it toomuch louder either

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
btw, heres my dyno sheet on the "mail order" tune from my tuner:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Linear lean-out at the end. The in-tank pump provides volume and pressure of fuel. Is your pressure falling or is the volume insufficient (different problems that cause the same effect)? Boost-a-pump should help but a proper main pump will ensure you get all the fuel you need. Seriously, a 03/04 Cobra tank and pump is a direct swap and is a hell of a lot cheaper than a burnt piston...

Just my $0.02

TheCat033 said:
btw, heres my dyno sheet on the "mail order" tune from my tuner:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Has anyone had any experience using the GT pump? I have been doing a lot of research and talking with different shops, and the GT pump would be a direct plug and play in the existing tank. It is supposed to handle up to 550rwhp. I think it sounds like an easier alternative to the cobra tank and dual pumps, and should be better than the focus pump.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I run the SVT Focus fuel pump which comes with Modular Powerhouse's Mongoose kit. I'm currently at 370 rwhp - a lot of guys are running in excess of 400 rwhp with that pump. Check out their forums. Pump drops staright in the existing basket. I guess it depends if you are planning to go for more hp whether or not you go for the BAP or twin cobra pumps.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Same here... Try a new Focus pump and new fuel filter 1st.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Im running the same pump and my numbers are in my sig. My tuner says I still have alot more to give but the too high intake temps can cause det.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts