Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help/info from my fellow Bullittheads. I dropped my Bullitt off at the dealer last Thursday to have the shift fork installed. While putting the trans back together they broke the OSS that goes on the output shaft in the tail housing. They kept telling me that the part will be here tomorrow and that they had received the part once but THEY broke it trying to install it and had to order another one. I found out last night that they had never received the part, they broke my original, and the OSS is on national back order! I'm supposed to be leaving town tonight to go see my daughter and attend my 10 year high school reunion!! My dilema is this, I did not buy the ESP so am I eligible for a loaner car? Since the dealer broke the part that is keeping my car garaged are they responsible for putting me in another car? I don't know and can't find any info on this. Can anyone PLEASE help me on this?? Fortunately, I have two very good friends that are going to let me use their car so I can go home, but I'd really prefer to be in my Bullitt if you know what I mean. Thanks for any info you can offer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My dealer cracked my oil pan doing an oil change. They supplied me with a loaner while they had my car for repairs.

If they broke your car,you should be entitled to a loaner while they correct their mistake.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, good news bad news. I had a nice talk with the service manager and he got Ford on the phone this morning. They authorized a car for me with unlimited mileage since my trip is going to be around 1,200 miles round trip. That's the good news. The bad news is....I'm getting a Ford Focus! Not that that's bad, but it sure isn't a Bullitt. On the bright side I should get pretty close to a million miles to the gallon! :grin:

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Way to Go!
I love successes....too bad about the Focus Thing....!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts