Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just realized I have been frequenting this site for nearly two years and have never posted pics of my bullitt! Well, here is #2756, after wash, claybar, wax, and painting the wheel wells black.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Car looks great. Please show us a pic of the painted wheel wells.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's one of the front fender wells, which is attached by a couple screws and clips.

Before:

After:

On the car (I unfortunately don't have any before shots w/ the tire mounted)

No matter how well I washed behind the tire the stupid wheel wells would always look like crap b/c of the grey color and that gaudy checkerboard pattern. It didn't take me too long to paint em' and it makes the car look much cleaner.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
chilli bullitt said:
Nice pics. :cool: Are you LE? Saw the FOP tag on the back. CHeck out the LE Registry we have here on the site.
Nah, my uncle is a cop and he hooked me up. This little gem got me out of two speeding tickets so far (albeit I don't make it a habit to drive like a ***** - Both times I was out in the sticks where it is just about impossible NOT to speed).

Thanks again for the compliments.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For the front fenders the wells are one big plastic piece that is held to the fender w/ two screws and is secured else where in various places with plastic clips (4 or 5 clips total). Removing the fender well is just a matter of unscrewing the screws and unfastening the clips (which I did by slipping a pair of scissors underneath the flat head of the clip and prying it up) and carefully maneuvering it from inside the fender. If it is fighting for its life to stay inside the fender you've probably missed a clip- they're kinda hard to spot at first.

The rear fender wells on the other hand are a piece of metal w/ some sort of undercoating sprayed on it. I couldn't find a simple way to remove them so I simply taped off the surrounding area and painted them while still on the car.

I wasn't timing myself but I'd say it took me about two hours to do (including jacking the car, removing the tires, taping painting etc.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts