Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Damn! that is a great article!

WE NEED A TECH SECTION ON THIS SITE!

not a place to discuss mods but a place to store great articles like this.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Holy crap that's alot of work just for a few extra horsies. Very good article, descriptive and thorough enough to convince me NEVER to try to tackle that mod myself. haha

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Bullitt208,that is a VERY complete write up on the install. That is a bunch of work,and removing the K-member,is probably the bset way. But do you have to remove the springs and all to remove the K-member? When I installed a different oil pan,on my 85 LX,I dropped the K-member and suspension as one complete unit. I chained the lower control arms in place,after I disconnected the struts from the spindles.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2002-01-27 08:26 ]</font>

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mus408,

You could do it by chaining the lower controla arms to the upper spring perch. I chose to remove the springs because I didn't have chains I trusted to withstand the force of the springs and It was a matter of weight also. There are several steps that could be done a little differently. Having done it once, I could do it again easily in 6 hours or less. The first time tokk me about 9 hours.

Eric

·
Registered
32 Posts
That is an excellent article, really descriptive and thorough. Put that in the Shady Tree so I know where to find it when I want to do mine. Great Job!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts