Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nmratv.com/index.php?stream=http://www.streetlegaltv.com/video/features/Heretic-P1_Intro.flv&playlist=1

Well some people have been day dreaming about doing this with thier Bullitts but the mad Scientists at Wheel to Wheel are actually doing it. They are stuffing a 427+ci LSx Chevy motor + twin tubos and a 4L80E and road race suspension into a v6 SN197 mustang.

1 word.....Awesome! That will teach Ford for not putting large cubic inch motors in the mustang! They should call the car "Torque" Since it's going to rip itself in half. Lol!

Hey I'm not stuck on any one brand of car. I like anything that rocks. thats what happens when you live overseas away from all the brand loyalty for almost 5 years.

Okay who will cast the first stone at me??? I want to work at W2W powertrain when I get out of the Navy. For real!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
No stones from me! I think Ford and GM should merge and combine their best talents...Ford with great platform designs and GM with great,inexpensive powerplants!I just want a affordable 400 HP new Mustang!

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I think it's a bunch of horse****
bunch of people that are not Mustang enthusiasts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey if Ford made an engine with enough torque that would fit in a Mustang relatively easy then they would probably do that. But Chevy makes the bigger easier to modify engines. Trust me I would love to stuff ay one of the LS series engines in project cars and would never even think about putting an under powered 2v 4.6 in something.

Ford makes great looking cars but under achieving engines. If you want a powerful modern Ford crate motor you are left with the 5.0 cammer engine with a measly 400hp for almost $11k. Just wow! You can buy a 572 ci motor from chevy for about $6500.

The new LSx motor is a 427ci badazz. I wish Ford would make something to compete.

Like I said I'm not a purist. I want to put an LS2 in a 87-91' 190E mercedes and make the ultimate drift, track car. I used to own an awesome AMG 190E 2.5-16 and it was the best car I've ever owned.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
I will say it again What's the point???? To **** both Chevy and Ford owners off??? Can't say that I am loyal to any brand but doesn't make much sense. Just to say they did it??? Like the fastback in the Fast and Furious with the Toyota engine. WTF???

In addition, I think Ford is being realistic in that how many people would purchase an engine that size and the CAFE 2 requirements are going to be hell on any engine development. We here love the power and performance. But we are in the minority.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I don't get the "purists" point of view at all. Hot rodders were stuffing chevy engines into fords 75 years ago. How is dropping another manufacturer's engine into a ford going to p!ss anybody off? How does anybody give a damn about what someone else does with their own car? If you're happy with the product ford/chevy/toyota, etc. sold you - great. If someone else wants to modify THEIR OWN car any way they want - good for them. I say go for it. And if somebody else doesn't like it, they can f-off. But hey, that's just me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts