Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please keep HerPony's mom in your thoughts and prayers. She had a heart attack yesterday, damn woman actually DROVE herself to the local hospital and then was Life Flighted to another. Now I know where HerPony got her love of cars from!

HerPony is in flight to Michigan to go see her and won't arrive until late tonight. We are trying to glean as much info out of the nursing staff, over the phone, as possible. We understand they can't say much because we can't prove who we are over the phone.

Right now her mom is still in the hospital and the painkillers keep us from talking to her directly. The nurses have been kind enough to pass messages to her between medication times so she knows HerPony is coming home and the nurse said that put a smile on her face.

This came as a complete surprise because she has no history of heart problems or high blood pressure.

I wanted to go also but work has me travelling on Tuesday and I just can't get out of that.

Tests are still being run to see if she has a "Blockage" that may require surgery.

That is all we know right now. I will keep you all updated when I get more news.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
She most certainly will be in my prayers....Sounds like a tough woman-she actually drove herself to the hospital! No worries about her fighting spirit it sounds like. Keep us updated....John R

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
Hang in there His & Hers. The doctors there will take very good care of her and decide if she needs surgery or not. My husband had a quintuple by-pass 11 years ago and since then they have come a long way with new and different procedures. :)

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
We will be thinking of her and the family

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally got to talk to HerPony's mom tonight!

She is so medicated that she barely remebered me.

HerPony is now the proud renter of a PT Cruiser and hating life! She wants her BULLITT!!

Tests results won't be released over the phone so I am waiting for HerPony to talk to the doctor in the morning.

Thanks all for the well wishes!!!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got off of the phone with HerPony.

Her mom arrived at the hospital and was life flighted because her heart was only working at one third of its capacity. There was a blockage but blood thinners were able to clear it so surgery is not needed.

After all of her tests the doctor stated that she had a mild heart attack in the past. They just don't know when.

The doctor may release her to go home tomorrow but that is wait and see. She will also have to have follow ups with a cardiologist.

She isn't completely out of the woods yet so we are still keeping our fingers crossed!

HerPony asked me to tell all of you Thank You for the kind comments and keeping her mom in your thoughts and prayers!!

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Hey Jack,

That is GREAT NEWS and thanks for sharing it with us! Anne and I will also have positive thoughts for you and your family!

Thanks

Bud and Anne.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Hopefully the worst that will have come of all this is that HerPony had to drive a PT Cruiser :smile: .

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got off of the phone with HerPony's mom.

They have removed the IV's and reduced her dosage of painkillers. She is already asking when she can go home and sleep in her own bed.

She was disappointed that I couldn't make it out there but understood that I have to work.

The only thing she remembers is the helicopter ride to the hospital. She said that when she gets better she wants another ride! Now I know what to get her for her birthday!!

She doesn't remember Wednesday or Thursday but everything else is still clear in her memory.

Thanks again all for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers!!!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HerPony's mom was supposed to go home today but test results show she has Diabetis(sp) so she got a dose of insulin and has to stay another night. Also, HerPony has to stay another week because the Doctor won't release her mom unless some one can stay with her at least a week.

So it's still wait and see on when she get's out of the hospital.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What a mess happened today and into tonight!!

The family is starting to squabble nd fight with HerPony because her mom agreed to sign a Power of Attorney for her and HerPony's sister. The other sister is cool with that but HerPony's brother went off and HerPony actually had to tell him to get out after he threatened her and then as he was leaving stated he was taking her to court. He used the excuse that we are never there unless some thing is wrong with mom. We go back at least once every 18 months to see her. The only time he shows up is if he needs something from her or bring the family over for free meals.

This is now starting to turn into a Monkey ____ Fight!! HerPony actually had to leave her mom's apartment tonight and sleep at her mom's friend house because her brother wouldn't stop calling and said he was coming over there that night with his wife.

I have gotten into a face to face with this guy before. Unemployed and trying to milk the welfare and unemployment system for all its worth. Everybody agrees the only reason he wants the Power of Attorny is so he can use her name. HerPony's mom has already stated she ain't giving him one because of his wife.

HerPony's mom has a Brother in Law that is a retired attorney so he gave her an attorney's name to call on Monday.

HerPony is trying hard to keep all of this away from her mom so she doesn't have another heart attack.

My father went through the same thing when his grandmother died. His brothers started fighting over everything.

Why do people do this? I am just at a loss of understanding about people anymore.

Thanks for letting me vent! I really appreciate it!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GREAT NEWS!!

HerPony's mom is in the process of getting all of the paperwork done and then she will be on her way home!!

Still haven't heard how the rest of the fiasco above turned out so I will update further when I find out more info.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
HisPony said:
What a mess happened today and into tonight!!

The family is starting to squabble nd fight with HerPony because her mom agreed to sign a Power of Attorney for her and HerPony's sister. The other sister is cool with that but HerPony's brother went off and HerPony actually had to tell him to get out after he threatened her and then as he was leaving stated he was taking her to court. He used the excuse that we are never there unless some thing is wrong with mom. We go back at least once every 18 months to see her. The only time he shows up is if he needs something from her or bring the family over for free meals.

This is now starting to turn into a Monkey ____ Fight!! HerPony actually had to leave her mom's apartment tonight and sleep at her mom's friend house because her brother wouldn't stop calling and said he was coming over there that night with his wife.

I have gotten into a face to face with this guy before. Unemployed and trying to milk the welfare and unemployment system for all its worth. Everybody agrees the only reason he wants the Power of Attorny is so he can use her name. HerPony's mom has already stated she ain't giving him one because of his wife.

HerPony's mom has a Brother in Law that is a retired attorney so he gave her an attorney's name to call on Monday.

HerPony is trying hard to keep all of this away from her mom so she doesn't have another heart attack.

My father went through the same thing when his grandmother died. His brothers started fighting over everything.

Why do people do this? I am just at a loss of understanding about people anymore.

Thanks for letting me vent! I really appreciate it!
Looking at what time it was when you posted this it's pretty clear that this is/was bothering you quite a bit. I'm sorry things have taken a turn the way they have. You and HerPony have really had an emotional roller coaster ride the last week. For some reason it seems like when families get involved in any already stressful event things usually end up being harder than they need to be. Hopefully all will work out for you both and of course HerPony's mom. It sounds like you are both doing all the right things for her in order to protect her from the stress of what is going on behind the scene. Continued prayers for all of you....John R

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Tell Her Pony to stand her ground, the power has been given to her and that is that. In no way should she tolerate bs from anyone about this. If she is being harassed by anyone call the authorities. There is no reason to put up with this. Glad she is doing better.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks to everyone who has replied and to those that haven't but read what is going on!!

This whole situation has me losing sleep and I have to force myself to eat each day.

The big problem is I have to depart on Tuesday for a HUGE computer system installation in Hawaii that will determine if we get more work for the next few years; so I can't miss this trip! I want nothing more than to be in Michigan with HerPony right now but with my temper and what is going on, maybe it's a good thing I ain't there!!

HerPony's brother called again today and stated he will not visit mom until HerPony leaves. Mom also asked about what happened after that phone call; so HerPony told her what happened. Her mom is good to go and appriciated HerPony being honest with her and understood why she was keeping it from her until she got home.

On a lighter note, mom has been walking around her apartment touching everything just happy to be home!

She will be on a very strict diet because of this so a little exercise food shopping with HerPony will be good for her.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts