Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey my name is connor im from CT i got my 01 black bullitt before the start of the summer for my 16th birthday. love the car but bought it with a few problems, the headlights look like they've been hit with a sandblaster, scratches all over, and the front end needs to be re- painted, (the guy who owned it before me kept it outside in VERMONT). but besides that i wanna start modding it, i bought an off road x and it came with a spintech catback,but i think ima put in some bassani mufflers, im thinkin of lowering it with some H&R sportlines,, and maybe some hypercoated "s" style wheels or maybe black which one do you guys think would look better? anyways just wanted to say whatup and hope i can learn some things from this site

P.S- id post some pics but cant really figure it out lol

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I believe you mean H&R Sports or Super Sports. Eibach makes the Sportlines. As for the wheels, the "S" style wheel is what I almost went with myself. I was going to go chrome, but I decided to go with the 18" anthracite Bullitts. Sometimes (a little too often actually) I wish I would have went with the Saleens. If I were you, I would go with the hypercoated version. However, someone over at SVTP just put black chrome Saleens on his GT and they look fantastic. I usually despise black chrome, but these look incredible.

·
Administrator
6,628 Posts
Welcome!

To Jimmy Ray - I wish I was you NOW with all your Mustangs!! You made up for your deficit then - hahahaha!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the good words guys, im still trying to decide on the rims, does anyone have a pic of hypercoated s styles on a 99-04. i saw the guy with the twin turbos in the pic section with the black S styles they look sick but idk how they would look in normal light,,i have the cash right now just cant decide,,i wanted to go with bullitts seeing how i have a bullitt but i really dont want my car looking like everyone else

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Welcome to the best internet forum.........

·
Registered
967 Posts
mustang2517 said:
hey my name is connor im from CT i got my 01 black bullitt before the start of the summer for my 16th birthday. love the car but bought it with a few problems, the headlights look like they've been hit with a sandblaster, scratches all over, and the front end needs to be re- painted, (the guy who owned it before me kept it outside in VERMONT). but besides that i wanna start modding it, i bought an off road x and it came with a spintech catback,but i think ima put in some bassani mufflers, im thinkin of lowering it with some H&R sportlines,, and maybe some hypercoated "s" style wheels or maybe black which one do you guys think would look better? anyways just wanted to say whatup and hope i can learn some things from this site

P.S- id post some pics but cant really figure it out lol

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

Welcome to the site. like you I have had my bullitt since i was 16. god i can't believe its been over 3 years already lol. I had the same problem with my headlights. I finally just bought a new set. i got mine from blue oval industries for like 150 i think. you should check them out. they look stock but thats what i wanted. I have H&R super sports on mine and i love them. just remember to get some caster/camber plates when you do it and have the car aligned soon after.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Connor,
Welcome to a great site. As I read your thread, I couldn't help but think how unique IMBOC is. We have 16 year olds like yourself, and those pushing (and some beyond)60 like myself. We all get along extremely well.

Now I'll put on my old fatherly hat. Enjoy your Bullitt, but please be safe! We don't want you to end up like those 7 kids that killed near you in two separate crashes in Wolcott and Bristol. Maybe we'll meet up sometime at a car show....I live in South Windsor.

Take care,
Bruce

·
Registered
244 Posts
Black2425: i have to say, with the 18 inch bullitts and the sports springs, it looks Great! Im getting my black bullitt next week and it will have 18 inch FR500's... same color as urs!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Welcome to the site. Im from southbury! hopefully ill see you on the road!

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Welcome and congrats

one thing to note and be extra careful on is lowering and your front mud flaps. Mine is stock height and I have scraped them a dozen times while pulling in/out of crappy parking lots, one or two large speedbumps, and twice when living in Philly the entrance ramp to I95 had a waterline being ran over the road with a thing you had to drive over and it would scrap coming down... just be careful cause they are hard to find and have gotten very expensive.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Ezekial said:
Welcome and congrats

one thing to note and be extra careful on is lowering and your front mud flaps. Mine is stock height and I have scraped them a dozen times while pulling in/out of crappy parking lots, one or two large speedbumps, and twice when living in Philly the entrance ramp to I95 had a waterline being ran over the road with a thing you had to drive over and it would scrap coming down... just be careful cause they are hard to find and have gotten very expensive.

thats true. i broke my passenger side mud flap off years ago and haven't replaced it yet because they are expensive. plus no one ever notices it. the passenger one was a fairly clean break and almost took the whole thing off so no one even thinks im missing anything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
brucebotti said:
Connor,
Welcome to a great site. As I read your thread, I couldn't help but think how unique IMBOC is. We have 16 year olds like yourself, and those pushing (and some beyond)60 like myself. We all get along extremely well.

Now I'll put on my old fatherly hat. Enjoy your Bullitt, but please be safe! We don't want you to end up like those 7 kids that killed near you in two separate crashes in Wolcott and Bristol. Maybe we'll meet up sometime at a car show....I live in South Windsor.

Take care,
Bruce

yea that was a terrible set of tragedy's those Subaru's are death traps, our towns are close so i knew the kid he was showing off his car at a party i was at...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.