Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have an issue that im guessing is the throw out bearing. Im not sure how serious it is but i was hoping yall could help me figure out if i need to worry bout it soon or not. It seems that every time i shift hard going in to 2nd gear, then i pull up to a red light my car makes a horribly loud noise thats sounds like a squealing coming outta the tranny. After i pump the clutch pedal a couple times it gradually goes away, im guessin cuz it is cooling back down. Like i said it only happens when i shift hard or pop the clutch. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
soulds like your right to me. TO bearing.
make sure it's not adjusted too tight. if you continue to pull "up" on the clutch pedal, it self adjusts.
Mine used to squeek all the time. I released the mechanism up under the dash to add freeplay, and the aweful noises went away. Now i make a point to NOT lift UP the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
if you are getting a horrible squealling like that after hard pulls, you are rapidly heating the TOB, which is then attempting to heat-shrink and tighten around the input shaft and will VERY soon seize to the shaft and ruin the clutch and input shaft and TOB all at once. Previous experience talking here... it cost me 1700 to fix it when mine seized up... get it fixed NOW.

shaun

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate all the input guys! I had to have bout 2300 dollars worth of tranny work don't about a month after i bought the car at a ford dealership and they replaced the throwout bearing so im hoping that they will cover it under warranty! If not ill just have to do it myself again lol! What is this release you were talking about under the dash? I dont wanna adjust the wrong one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.