Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 65 Fastback you sold my son Mike is going to be in a movie!
The movie is called 95er's Echoes.
It's about time travel. The car is the vehicle for time travel.
The director said the pony on the front of the car plays an important part.
Filming is Sept. 2.

I've talked to people that have had both excellent and not so good experiences allowing their cars to be used. Mike decided to take the chance. They promised no rough stuff and he'll be present the whole time.
The movie star:

J.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Is the Movie Star.....Silver or a kinda Baby Blue?.....did JR buy this car new?...other history?

The 65 fastback is my all time favorite....

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
THAT is freaking outstanding!!!!!!!!! I almost famous! Congrats Mikal!!! I am so proud!!

I am so happy that pony went to such a great home!!! Now it will be a Movie Star also...

(wish I never sold it)!!!

That little old lady I bought it from would only know....

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
dg517 said:
Is the Movie Star.....Silver or a kinda Baby Blue?.....did JR buy this car new?...other history?

The 65 fastback is my all time favorite....

I was called by this little old lady about what her old mustang was worth (before I appraised vehicles), so Kay and I went looked at it, told her what we thought it was worth according to the Old car buyer guide which was about 3K. her neighbor only wanted to give her a couple hundred bucks for it. I told my buddies about it and they told me, " why didn't I buy it"..... So we bought it...

When it came home it had been setting for 10 years, the old ladys dead husband had started to restore it but died before it could be finished. It was primered grey and missing all exterior chrome.

She was going to get it finsihed for her grand son because he loved it, but he died in bunk bed accident and she wanted the car gone...

What we thought was just under 100k of mileage, well I found paper work in glove box that showed it had seen 100K another time also.

Well it seems like I can't just get them running I have to replace just about everthing... New paint, new repop exterior chrome, new front supension, rear springs, oil pan, intake carb, battery, hoses, belt, interior, steering wheel, new deluxe wheels, red line tires and new repop hood and rebuilt tranny.

Well it was suppose to be silver, but the painter screwed up and its a light blue... (cheap paint jobs) which still almost maths the newly painted jams.

I decided to sell it after doing a 4-6 month refresh and I told Joyce and next thing I know they are knocking on my door with a trailer and on a 4 day power trip from Utah and some coinage. in January.

It went to great home and because the painter screw up, that is the reason Mikal bought it he likes Blue cars and he wanted Fastback and this one fit the bill..

I am so happy for the Epperstang family, for taking my old pony and giving it loving home!!!! And making it a movie star!! :wink:

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I let Joyce tell about the Trailer mishap and how this little pony was able to run with the big dogs until its trailer was fixed for the trip to Utah... Again I was proud of it... I not sure but I believe it has the orginal Engine (I never checked the numbers but the valve train is correct for 65 289) that 289 ay have 200K under its belt...

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Jimmy Ray...

Thanks for the story on the 65....good write up...that little pony has a world of history behind it...

cool stuff!

Thanks...man!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Continuation of the story of how it got to Epperstang Stable.

Jimmy Ray, it may never have been rebuilt, but it still starts up and runs smoooooth. Mechanically never given Mike any trouble.

Jimmy Ray said on some internet forum, maybe this one that he was thinking of selling his FB. My son already owned a 66 coupe and 66 convert both blue (but different shades). I told him of JR's blue FB.
Next thing, Mike had the loan and was making arrangements to have the car transported from JRs in Virginia to Utah. It was in November, then Christmas came and still no car. The transport company kept delaying.
So over New Years my husband and I had time off, checked the weather across country. Loaded up a friends flat bed car hauler trailer and off to VA we went to pick up the car for Mike Jr.
Trip went fabulous there. 28 hours straight through. Loaded up the Fastback and JRs and had a little tour of the naval base and some lighthouses on the coast.
That night traveling back home stopped for gas in West Virginia. Mike is on driver side filling the truck. I get out and notice the trailer is leaning a little funny.
Pictures have to tell the rest of the story.

Visitiing the light houses.

Jimmy Ray putting air in trailer tire

Oh CRAP! Remember JR putting air in the tire - what was he really doing?
JR knows we kid him! Anyone ever find a spare tire and wheel in West Va?

So we took the car off the trailer. Mike drove the Fastback and I drove the truck pulling the broken trailer. We had to go about 150 miles to find a welding shop that could fix it. Fortunately we had a spare tire. The thing Jimmy points out is that the car had only been driven a few miles after he restored it so we didn't even know if it would run. It did and had perfectly since!

Blizzard in the Rockies
This was fun. Hit white out conditions across Kansas and Colorado. SCAREY!

Home Sweet Home

It's been a great car.
Mike put torque thrust wheels and fatter tires giving it a meaner look.
The 65 style steel wheels on now on my 65 convertible, and the dual redline tires are perfect for my pink 66. All worked out great. Mike won a Mustang Monthly Young Owners Award from JME and got a really nice polished aluminum digitial gauge cluster for the dash. He's also installed a tach and some other stuff.
It's been a terrific addition to the Epperstang family, even after a rough start.

Mike with JR's old car cruising around Lake Tahoe

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
beautiful looking car there, sounds like the perfect classic to drive and enjoy :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts