Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
that looks soooo mean and it has the right style hood!! I would def get one if it looks like that.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Looks like a GT customized..

If I'm looking at it, that's the GT-500 front nose, a Cervini's "heat extractor hood" and what I call "Auto Zone Cheepies" fog lights.

I'm not knockin it... Looking at the 01, and then that... The 01's have a certain "class" to em. :) They don't look like the 15,000 other special edition S197 Mustangs

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fair points, but are you sure that's a Cervini hood? They make a heat extractor hood but not like the one pictured, at least not that I can find.

I agree about the fogs though. I did read a neat idea on another forum about putting amber lenses on them and wiring them to be retro-style blinkers.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks for advertising, Wolfsburg:)

But it is not really a "simple" custom, as you will read, when K.L. sends the rest of the story. He is still busy and we should let him enjoy his ride first before he writes it all up for us.
Just thought it's the right time to "oil the machine".

Wolfgang
The Ponysite.de Editor :)

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
so nice, but lacks such a few minor details that it brings down the quality of the machine IMHO :(

first, needs turnsignals in that beautiful hood
second, get rid of that dumb GT logo on the gas cap
third, get rid of those ugly side louvers in favor of the nicer drop in window replacement vents from some company I can't think of
forthly, get some better wheels! I hate those new "bullitts" in black. yuck

VERY SWEET car though and MAJOR props to the owner :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Classic BULLITT said:
Thanks for advertising, Wolfsburg:)

But it is not really a "simple" custom, as you will read, when K.L. sends the rest of the story. He is still busy and we should let him enjoy his ride first before he writes it all up for us.
Just thought it's the right time to "oil the machine".

Wolfgang
The Ponysite.de Editor :)
Yeah, poor choice of words on my part. I just meant that it was not some sort of Ford concept, unfortunately for us, but rather someone's personal car. :wink:

·
Registered
200 Posts
No problem, Wolfsburg, I am one of the few (?) Mustangers, that does not like judging of my car and I try not to judge other peoples cars. That's why I never win any award, but I have fun in my hobby, because I can enjoy more cars from others.

If I don't like anything, I keep my thoughts for myself. Maybe I am not a good forum member then, but people like to share their car info and pics with me :)

And don't forget that "custom cars" inspired the Mustangs at any time in the 60ies like in Fords own Custom Car Caravan. Ever heard of the 2-seater DST Vivace. More soon on my site:) We have also found traces of the "Une Homme et une Femme" #184 movie Mustang coupe. There is so much to unearth today, keeps our interest up.
Don't focus too much on just one car. It might be a disappointment then. Ford cannot match those high expectations today. Just my 2 1/2 cent.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the updated pics! Are there plans to reveal what mirrors he used? Are there any performance mods? K.L. Jones really went all out on this car...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yes, more is coming soon. My site updates suffer from my absence due to my job, I am quite often on the road, but then again you can enjoy the "stimulation" a bit longer:)
We have plenty of time to fill until the real one comes out, right or wrong? :)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
good deal the spolier is gone, I would like to see the paint a tad darker. . .good work

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Excellent job. I'd like to see this one in person.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts