Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how those mods worked out!

I'm down here in Florida for the week and was looking around for a dragstrip. I thought the tracks down here stayed open year round? Oh well, I guess everyone needs a break.

By the way- the shifter is great. It only took me a few hours to get used to it and I love it.

Bullit #3049
Stock, True blue
'67 GTO Street Elim. car. 400, 4.10's,th-350
(solid 12 second car when it doesn't break!!!!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2002-01-13 15:20 ]</font>

1,169 Posts
Not yet,the track reopens Jan 3rd. What part of Florida are you in?

The shifter worked great for me on the street,but at the track I had a little hesitation going in to 3rd. I'm sure it was just me.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm in port orange today and will be going to miami tomorrow to stay overnight. i'll be coming back up 95 durring the day on the third

1,169 Posts
The track I go to is on the west coast. exit 42 on I75. If you would like to driver 6 hours out of your way,let me know gates open at 5:00pm........ :-B

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Hey N8tr, if you decide to go to Bradenton on your way back from Miami, just cut across SR70 at around Ft. Pierce. It'll take you right to Bradenton. My guess, at that point, it's about 130 miles. An easier route might be US27 out of Miami. It takes you through the middle of the state. It intersects SR70. Go west on 70 into Bradenton.

On the way back, go I75 North to SR40 east back into Port Orange. You could go a shorter route too. Put it this way, I'm 2 1/4 hours from Bradenton and an hour from Port Orange. Ray's just trying to scare you :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2002-01-01 20:31 ]</font>

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-01 20:21, 01GTB wrote:
Hey N8tr, if you decide to go to Bradenton on your way back from Miami, just cut across SR70 at around Ft. Pierce. It'll take you right to Bradenton. My guess, at that point, it's about 130 miles. An easier route might be US27 out of Miami. It takes you through the middle of the state. It intersects SR70. Go west on 70 into Bradenton.

On the way back, go I75 North to SR40 east back into Port Orange. You could go a shorter route too. Put it this way, I'm 2 1/4 hours from Bradenton and an hour from Port Orange. Ray's just trying to scare you :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2002-01-01 20:31 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Great directions,I was thinking he could take Alligator Alley to the west cost and on his way back,take 75n to I4 to 95n. I'm sure that would be anywhere from 5 to 6 hours out of his way.Your directions are great I hope he comes out to play.....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn, good thing i didn't drive over there, that would suck. did you make it to the 1/8 mile track? instead of driving over to the west coast on the way back from miami i decided to head up 95 and stop by steeda's shop to check it out. looks like a nice shop.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ray:
do you know of a track in Bithalo? i'm not sure how to spell it but my buddy down here said that he thought there was another track in the orlando area

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-05 16:07, N8tr wrote:
ray:
do you know of a track in Bithalo? i'm not sure how to spell it but my buddy down here said that he thought there was another track in the orlando area

Check out this track locater http://chasinracin.com/track-locator/photos-drag.shtml

Yes it's a good thing you did'nt driver to this cost.... :-B I just hope we are back to Florda sun shine soon.
I did go to an 1/8 track, not happy with the results. I'm going to Bradenton next week to compare "Apples to Apples".

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm sure you will be running much better at bradenton. that weather this week is not something those tracks down there are used to. i can't imagine any reason why traction would be such a problem other than the weather. good luck and keep us posted!!

1,169 Posts
I ran allot of 8.80's in the 1/8 with 60's over 2.00. That's still 13.70's in the 1/4.
It would have been nice if i pulled off some 1.80 60's that night it would have been equal to some mid 13's of low 13's in the 1/4.

1,169 Posts
On 2002-01-07 22:57, Barnaby wrote:
Ray,
Are you running 17" DRs or 15s?

Currently I'm using 17" DR's but I need to start using Slicks.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
You will definitely get more weight transfer wth slicks or even 15" DRs. Those 17s just don't enough sidewall. What might be happening is with the 17s you are transferring so much weight and your tires are unloading because they can't absorb the initial hit. Does that make any sense? Just a thought. You may want to have someone watch your launch and see if the tires grab initially and then, after the first rotation or 2 starts to spin. Video camera will help. Good luck.

1,169 Posts
Yes it does make sence, I'll have a buddy video my rear tires on my launch.I was hoping to see an improbement with the 17" DR's, but i doubt it.
I'm going to the track Thursday night I'll let you know how I do with the 17" tires. I've been putting off buying slicks because I'm unsure of the gears I'll be going with.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Ashame you're not closer, I have BFG DRs mounted to V6 rims in 275/50-15. They are nearly identical in size to the 26x10.5 ET Streets on my race car. With that suspension you would be seeing 1.7 60s without too much trouble.

1,169 Posts
Thanks for the offer! I was also think the front end travel (up) might be hurting my 60'? The car using to much HP to lift the front instead of pushing the car forward? Is this possible?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Could be...once again you can get a feel for that with a video camera. I would bet your breaking the tires loose though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts