Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just spotted a HG 2008 Bullitt for sale in Auckland New Zealand.
This Bullitt had been converted to right hand drive which will probably make it the first RHD 2008 Bullitt in the world.
It has 76 miles on the clock and the asking price is NZ$139,995.00

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
They did a nice job of it. For the Bullitt specific part other than the engine turned centre section, they would have to manufacture it. I assume there is a RHD Mustang export model from from Ford for the other dash parts.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have contacted the seller and will try and get a look at the car today.
Will get some photos and the build No #
Cost of conversion in New Zealand is NZ$25,000.00 compared to Aud$38,000.00 (US$0.65) at home.
Have been considering shipping my Shelby down here for conversion but from what I have seen of the work done here it would not meet Australian engineering requirements
The RHD conversion of my 01 Bullitt is almost complete, will pick it up in Melbourne when I fly home for Christmas.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Yes that is weird. I've driven a lot of RHD vehicles and must say that a part of me likes the idea of shifting with my left and I like the position of the E-brake handle on the other side of the center console.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I got my tool box out yesterday and converted my own Bullitt to RHD. I don't like it so I think I'll put it back the right way.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
clancysbullitt0987 said:
I got my tool box out yesterday and converted my own Bullitt to RHD. I don't like it so I think I'll put it back the right way.
You mean the "Left" way...........

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'm just glad I took that shop class in high school! Comes in handy for projects this this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts