Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the Ford Racing M-5230-S "KR" mufflers today. They are high quality, nicely finished. Im going to polish the cans before I mount them up. Ill post pics on Sunday when Im done.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Nice Chris. Looking forward to the progress on this.

Where'd you get them and how much?

I had a 93 Cobra too. Mine was black and I do not know the number. Join the site and get some pics of BOTH your Stangs up!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Silverback said:
Nice Chris. Looking forward to the progress on this.

Where'd you get them and how much?

I had a 93 Cobra too. Mine was black and I do not know the number. Join the site and get some pics of BOTH your Stangs up!
Ill be joining soon. As for the mufflers, I got them for $495.00 (paid 10% over cost/employee price) through our dealership. We're a Ford Racing distributor and we bought up what was left of the "in stock" M-5230-S. We got 5 sets. They'll be more soon though.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
It seems like there is 2 seasons, "Winter and Mod". I've heard that a lot of people love those Axle-backs. I'm happy for ya.
ENJOY​

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BlackPony said:
It seems like there is 2 seasons, "Winter and Mod". I've heard that a lot of people love those Axle-backs. I'm happy for ya.
ENJOY​
I drove our 2009 GT500KR to a car show a couple of weeks ago and was really impressed with the sound of the KR exhaust. Now Ill just need a set of long tubes and a high flow H pipe!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fast forward to today......I worked on cleaning up the cans and end caps. After further review, Im not going to polish the cans since I want to keep the "brushed silver" theme on my car like on the grill and bullitt trunk faux gas cap. I did polish the trim ring on the end caps though. Ill post pics tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
4,215 Posts
Wow, just in time for the Knotts Berry show.. will be hard to miss seeing and now hearing your Bullitt. :cool:
Any others mods before the show?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
marichardson said:
Wow, just in time for the Knotts Berry show.. will be hard to miss seeing and now hearing your Bullitt. :cool:
Any others mods before the show?
hmmm....pondering more.....

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok...put 'em on today.....jury is still out....I like the look the sound is good but the H pipe may have to go. Undecided. Ive heard that they take a few days to "break in". We'll see.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
This is my opinion, I would keep the H-pipe at all cost.
Without your H-pipe it will sound like a run of the mill Mustang GT

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BlackPony said:
This is my opinion, I would keep the H-pipe at all cost.
Without your H-pipe it will sound like a run of the mill Mustang GT
I agree to a point but it doesnt sound like a Bullitt anymore with the new mufflers so I may go with a header/midpipe combo.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
cgoeschel said:
ok...put 'em on today.....jury is still out....I like the look the sound is good but the H pipe may have to go. Undecided. Ive heard that they take a few days to "break in". We'll see.
What dont you like? I have them on mine. I like the deep sound they have with the bullitt hpipe. The popping goes away once they are warm. Plus there is no drone

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
And if you want to take your Bullitt H-Pipe up a step, install a set of Ford Racing shorty's!
They don't do nothing for performance, Boy oh Boy does it sound GOOD!!

·
Administrator
5,011 Posts
cgoeschel said:
When I first put mine on, and took the first ride, I was unsure whether I liked the sound. But as time passed (a couple of weeks) I have come to really enjoy them. Now I think they're (almost) the best part of the experience.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
583 Posts
Chris do you have a trusted friend or girl friend or wife? Someone you can trust to drive you car? If you do let them drive it so you can hear it. I listened to Ron's car drive off when we met and it sounded more like the movie car now with the KRs. He has a few miles on his so they may break in. I love the sound of them, I was tossed between the FR-Borla stingers the SSS street system and the Magniflows Tiger now has. I am going with the KRs as soon as the wallet allows, love the sound and the stock tips to boot!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im liking them a bit more after driving it yesterday and today. I may punch out the cats a little on the stock H to see if that helps. I still have the stock H pipe from my 2006 GT to swap if punching out the cats on the bullitt pipe messes it up. I guess the sound Im trying to get rid of is the brraaap that you get from 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 4th at the pickup of the shift RPM.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts