Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, My names Chris i live in Nottingham in the UK!
Dad ordered an 08 Bullitt at the start of December and it arrives on the 1st of march (cant wait:cool: )
me and my dad love anything american, we have a hatterus 46 boat in north wales which is an american import, and both out bikes are american (trek):lol:
We also collect Ford Cortinas!
Heres our collection!
We Re built this 1965 mk1 cortina GT about 5 years ago!!
it looked like this when we got it:

Now it looks like this

this is our 1977 mk4 cortina which has oonly covered 16000 miles from new!

this is our 1972 mk3 Cortina GXL, this has only covered 14000 miles from new

This is our 1963 Mk1 Cortina Deluxe which has only covered 8000 miles from new!

This is our 1976 Mk3 Cortina GT Crayford

This is our 1982 Mk5 Cortina GL which has covered 36000 miles from new!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i forgot this one, this is our 1973 mk3 cortina L which has only covered 14000 miles from new!

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Hey welcome aboard from the frozen state of Minnesota. Those are some sweet looking cars and the boat isnt to bad either!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers mate, cant wait to get our stang!
never even sat in a mustang before:lol:
we ran jeeps for the last 10 years or so, we got a new jeep cherokee 4.0 limited in 96, then we got a jeep grand cherokee orvis in 2000, then in 2002 we got a jeep grand cherokee overland!
we also had a chrysler voyager, we bought it new in 2000 and dad took it back to the dealers 2 monhs later as he hated it:lol:

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Nice collection !!!! You will absolutely love your Bullitt when you get it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Welcome aboard. It will be interesting to hear your impression of the '08 once it finally arrives. Hopefully it will not disappoint!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bullitt 40 said:
Nice collection !!!! You will absolutely love your Bullitt when you get it.
i know, just wish i could get insurance on it!!
doubt dad would let me drive it if i could:lol:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NCTom said:
Welcome aboard. It will be interesting to hear your impression of the '08 once it finally arrives. Hopefully it will not disappoint!
dad was looking at the elanor but he said it was far to over the top for everyday use:lol:
we go to all the american car shows over here, my favourite is Americana it goes on for about a week:cool:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome and nice collection. I remember when Ford sold Cortinas in the US in the days before the Pinto.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheers guys, i have a few mates in america with cortinas, dad going to bring the red/gold mk1 gt over to drive the route 66 in it:cool:

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have to say, I've never heard of a Cortina. Cool looking cars! What's under the hood?

Congrats on the Bullitt. Talk the old man into a blower ;) !!!

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
I have always liked the Cortina. And your dad seems to have a collection to show just about any variant that I have ever known. I was looking to buy one when I lived in Germany for a while in the Army. I couldn't find one that was satisfactory. I beleive they are called Taunus in Germany. Or were called Taunus, as I believe they aren't made any longer are they? So I never owned a Cortina, but my brother had a Anglia. I think it was a 1959 and painted an olive green. Nice enough little car, and drove out quite well for 1100 cc. It was quite a step up for us, as we had a 58 Beetle and had been driving everyone else's left overs before that.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Nice collection. Wish I had the time to work more on my older cars. I have a 60 MGA 1600 that I would like to restore. I have all the parts, but not the time and extra money.

Will your 08 Bullitt be right hand drive, that would be cool. By the way, how much is gas going for in the UK now!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Rare Pony said:
Nice collection. Wish I had the time to work more on my older cars. I have a 60 MGA 1600 that I would like to restore. I have all the parts, but not the time and extra money.

Will your 08 Bullitt be right hand drive, that would be cool. By the way, how much is gas going for in the UK now!
Hi, the bullitt will stay LHD!
petrol is about £5 a gallon!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DavidMidgley said:
I have always liked the Cortina. And your dad seems to have a collection to show just about any variant that I have ever known. I was looking to buy one when I lived in Germany for a while in the Army. I couldn't find one that was satisfactory. I beleive they are called Taunus in Germany. Or were called Taunus, as I believe they aren't made any longer are they? So I never owned a Cortina, but my brother had a Anglia. I think it was a 1959 and painted an olive green. Nice enough little car, and drove out quite well for 1100 cc. It was quite a step up for us, as we had a 58 Beetle and had been driving everyone else's left overs before that.
Hi, yeah they were called Taunus' in Europe! i love them:smile: Anglia are very nice, but ive never owned one.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts