Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
No, you are not the only one. I am putting it away soon. As soon as they say we are getting snow. Giving it a goog cleaning, ordered a cover and sticking it in the garage next to my Iroc, and waiting for nice weather again.
Hey we still got to get together one of these days. Are you going down to the Big O for the show this weekend?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Sadly, I too am puting mine away for the winter. Flakes are expected next week..I want to get another good drive in first. I will miss it.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,045 Posts
We are going to drive Bullette as long as the roads stay dry and no gravel down.

I was talking to a 99 Cobra man today and he said our Mustangs DO NOT manouver well in snow! He said they do terribly! He thought that maybe that was because of the size of tires and that if he was to drive her in the snow he would get snow tires of a different size.

And how about car covers while they are in the garage? Do they scratch the car?

Vicki

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-10-24 00:08 ]</font>

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'll be putting mine away any day now. Will be filling the tank, putting fuel stabilizer in, and putting it up on jackstands, and probably disconnect the battery and leaving it on charge. I have been hearing conflicting stories about the worth of putting it on jackstands. Any of you guys/girls have any thoughts about that?
Yeh, Vicki, 99Cobra guy is right about the tires. First, the tread on the summer tires is absolutely useless on even the least bit of snow, and the winter tires should be narrower than summer tires so they can cut thru the snow easier.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I'm putting good ol' 2759 in storage too. Doing the same stuff everyone else has mentioned here. Wondering though, what will having the battery disconnected for so long do to the computer when fired up again. Any concerns there?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Bruce, Whats this about a show at the big "OWE", I thought that it was closing for the winter due to the chance of the roof collapsing, Ha, Ha,. No seriously, what show?

·
Registered
694 Posts
I put our Bullitt away for the winter, after filling the tank and adding fuel stabilizer. I don't use the jack stands method as I was told it was not really necessary for only 5 months storage. I was told to leave the battery in and start her about once a month. I guess I will start it and let it run as the tempature allows. I was a little aprehensive on the fuel stabilzer due to the injectors (have used stabilizer for years in my 1500 Goldwing which has no injectors) but went ahead and put it in. Any thoughts on this? Thanks

·
Registered
878 Posts
November 31 will be a sad day for me because thats when 3980 will be covered up for the winter. I,m just adding gas stabalizer and using a Ford cover-I think I will take the mask off too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My Bullitt is about to go away. I have been looking around for tips and found a few additional hints. Using an oil additive like slick-50 will keep the upper engine parts well lubed during the 5 months. They also suggested parking the car on ~2 inches of cardboard boxes to prevent flat spots. The third thing is putting open boxes of baking soda to absorb moisture and soap cakes to prevent an animal infestation. (I assume this last one is for the more rural crowd.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Man, that has gotta suck for you guys. 8 Months of winter with no Bullitt!!! I'm glad that I live in Texas. For both days of winter I intend to drive #5111.

·
Registered
119 Posts
4713 is being put away for the winter sometime in late November. It's in good company though. I will let you know if the Boss and the Bullitt breed this winter. Stay tuned! That will be a "sick" car! :grin:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well.....I guess I am different from the breed. I am driving mine all winter. I don't care. I am not keeping my car in a plastic bag and hoping it will increase in value someday. Why should I make it nice for someone else.....I want to enjoy this car as much as possible. The body is sprayed underneath with Rust Check and that works perfectly. I bought 4 Goodyear M/S tires with 17" Bullitt wheels and I should be just fine. Been there done that before with the F-body and it was fine.

Paul G.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I agree, I'll be driving mine all year as well. I used to have a 95 GT Convertible, didn't drive it sold it with 34,000 km and wished I had more fun with it. I purchased Toyo Garnet GT 225/50/17 on 2000 GT 17x8 for winter. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who will get to enjoy my BULLITT year-round.

·
Premium Member
18,821 Posts
DHG 3875 gets out to play a few days a
month during the winter but only if the roads
are clear and dry.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts