Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got the 6000k Bi-Xenon HID kit from Stangmods.com in the group buy. All I can say is amazing, the pics dont do any justice and a few of them look more blue than they really are. I love them, just hope the five-o dont mess with me. The brights are great too. I really dont think they blind anyone outside the main area. My headlights are adjusted pretty low. Def worth the money
Wiring Harness

Relay?

Balasts

Bulb (in protective case)

Bulb in headlight housing

Passenger side balast location (I know its dirty)

Pic of what my engine looks like in the summertime

Drivers side balast location (between battery and headlight)

Before Pics with Silverstars

After Pics

BEFORE (left) AFTER (right)

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://vid82.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/bullitt5561/AfterInstall028.flv"></embed>

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Looks really nice. I got mine today and I am going to wait till my Son comes down from Canada to visit in May and he will put them on along with my new Rotors.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Looks cool, Clean that bay! I'm down in olney this weekend, is there any shows or anything going on??

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Carlisle is about all i know off

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
bullitt 5561 said:
Carlisle is about all i know off
Yeah I'm goin, I mean this weekend, But thats cool.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How does everyone from the group buy like their HID's

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
HID's Bulbs Different

Got the 6000k Bi-Xenon HID kit from Stangmods.com. Reading their instructions is pretty tough!

My main problem is that I did not get the same Bulbs that you did! Mine have no silver base! Mine have a larger Black base and the wires comes off of one edge (not the center). This bulb is different in that it has a small black reflector or something lthat looks like a reflector on on side of the bulb and a white stick thingy on the other side of the bulb. This bulb locks into place into a ring that you insert into the housing. The instructions say that if you do not get this correct, your low beams will not work.

Well, I cannot post a pic of the bulbs as I am out of town at the moment and do not have them with me. But my question is......how many of you that purchased the 6000K kit got a silver based bulb as shown in the install right up in this thread and how many of you got something else, (like Me)?

And, those of you that got something else (like me) how do you know that you have got it inserted correctly without having to put it all in the car to find out you do not have it right?

Attached is the Picture of what I DON'T HAVE. I will post the picture of what I do have as soon as I can.

Attachments

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
P-51 Bullitt said:
Got the 6000k Bi-Xenon HID kit from Stangmods.com. Reading their instructions is pretty tough!

My main problem is that I did not get the same Bulbs that you did! Mine have no silver base! Mine have a larger Black base and the wires comes off of one edge (not the center). This bulb is different in that it has a small black reflector or something lthat looks like a reflector on on side of the bulb and a white stick thingy on the other side of the bulb. This bulb locks into place into a ring that you insert into the housing. The instructions say that if you do not get this correct, your low beams will not work.

Well, I cannot post a pic of the bulbs as I am out of town at the moment and do not have them with me. But my question is......how many of you that purchased the 6000K kit got a silver based bulb as shown in the install right up in this thread and how many of you got something else, (like Me)?

And, those of you that got something else (like me) how do you know that you have got it inserted correctly without having to put it all in the car to find out you do not have it right?

Attached is the Picture of what I DON'T HAVE. I will post the picture of what I do have as soon as I can.
as far as the base I have no idea. That picture has the bulb protector on. I think you can see the reflector thing in that pic if you look closly.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
No, that bulb in the picture does not have the reflector that I am talking about. I see now that it does have the white stick I spoke of but not the reflector on the opposite side of the bulb.

And the bulb I have has a large base shaped similar to a DC power adapter that you would plug into your cigarette lighter to charge your phone! The wires come off one edge of the base and are contained in a sleeve of that plastic flexible hose. Totally different bulbs that what are pictured here.

I am getting my Son who is at home with the bulbs to take a picture and I will post here in a minute.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
P-51 Bullitt said:
No, that bulb in the picture does not have the reflector that I am talking about. I see now that it does have the white stick I spoke of but not the reflector on the opposite side of the bulb.

And the bulb I have has a large base shaped similar to a DC power adapter that you would plug into your cigarette lighter to charge your phone! The wires come off one edge of the base and are contained in a sleeve of that plastic flexible hose. Totally different bulbs that what are pictured here.
maybe its just a different vendors bulb, mine were just placed in a plain box and wrapped in foam. Stnafmos could have easily bought parts from differnet vendors to make the kit up. give it a try and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
There is not a lot of room for trial and error under my hood.

That's why I want to be sure I have the right things and have them inserted correctly into the housings before I start fooling around trying to install them.

I agree that they may build the kits with whatever is available, but if they do, then they should supply instructions that are actually readable and tell you if there is any difference in the alignment for the reflector when you put the bulb in.......wouldn't you agree?

Here are the Pics of my bulbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Bump

Anyone else got these 6000K bulbs (above) from the Group Buy?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Update

Well.....

As I suspected, I got the kit all hooked up in the car and guess what? The bulbs throw light like 4 or 5 cheap flashlights! They will not focus, and that includes turning them all around in the housing in all different positions!

In addition to that, the High Beams are on when it is supposed to be Low and vis-a-versa. The instructions that came with the kit says that you can fix this by changing the position of two wires in the Kit's blue main connector, but that does not work with these bulbs! The changing of the wires makes no difference at all!

So, I have emailed the seller, stangmods (Matt) and I am sitting here now waiting for his return call or email. I want the correct bulbs that work, instructions on how to use these bulbs, or an RMA number to return the kit and get my money back. I am NOT HAPPY!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Got his reply.....

Matt says to return the Kit (ugh) and he will send the "other" kit with the other bulbs. But he must have the first kit back before he will send the 2nd!

I asked him to just send me the bulbs. He apparently cannot do that and I have requested a RMA number to return the entire kit and just continue with stock headlights!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Not a problem with Stangmods or the Bulbs!

Turns out the problem was the Blue Oval new headlights I had installed hte HID's in. They are fine for regular bulbs, but distort the light and do not reflect correctly for these HID's. The Stock Headlight Housings work fine!

I will be posting them for sale in the Swap Meet Forum.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts