Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys that are ordering gears from GEF through the group order might be interested and wary. I got my gears today. I looked at the invoice which showed a charge of $154.04. However, the small credit card receipt that they stapled to the invoice shows that they charged my credit card $754.04. I'd say the handling charge is a b*tch.

I called Sam and he seemed to be as astonished as me. He said he felt that this was a typo error caused by the girl in the accounting office. He also advised she must be on crack or something. He promises to issue a credit to my card. I'll check again in a couple of days to make sure I get my $600.00 back.

So be sure and check your receipts to see if you got hosed as well.

DHG Bullitt #2713
82 GT
72 Mach I

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Railcop094 on 2002-01-24 16:21 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
My gears showed up today too. No hidden charges on my credit card. WHEW! Thanks for the heads-up though. I didn't look the first time and should have.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know I'm getting older and my eyes are getting weaker but I spotted that 7 instead of the 1. I just had to get my glasses to make sure that is what I was seeing. :eek:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I'll will have to call my dad to make sure I didnt get any hidden charges. I hope not. If so I am sure its just an era. It happens

·
Registered
448 Posts
None added to mine, sounds like a typo. I looked at a gas receipt recently, I used pay at the pump, and the amount was $14.85 or something like that on the pump. My receipt said $114.85. Holy crap!! I thought I got hosed, but the amount that hit my bank account was on $14.85. Computer fart, or something! :smile:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Railcop,I know where you are coming from. I had the same thing happen to me,but on a check I wrote to pay a credit card bill. Seems somewhere,along the bank trail,my check was encoded for $720,instead of the $120. I went to the bank and they showed me a photo copy,and it said 120,but was cashed for 720! Took me a while to get it straightened out.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I went to my credit card site and checked my account. It was charged the $754 amount. But I expect no problems with getting the credit back. Like I say Sam was just about as surprised as me was quite comical in his description of the individual involved.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I had something similar happen at a Chevy dealership. They charged me for the Eaton posi which had already been purchased by my warranty company. It took about two weeks to get it straightened out & saved me over $500. In the end, it turned out to be a clerical mistake by the girl tallying the final bill. Why is it so hard to double check figures, especially when it comes to billing? I know our Financial Manager here at the office screws up invoices all the time & sometimes really p*sses clients off.

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
I watch EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE I make a purchase!
It happened to my dad...Bill came to $142 in a Japanese restaurant. The young girl rang it up at $1142. My dad laughed and asked if he got to take the table and the sushi bar with him.
The manager did not think it was funny AT ALL, and that poor young girl got a screaming lecture for her mistake. She was even crying.

I even watch things get scanned in the grocery store. It's bad enough when it's human error, but when the computer does it, makes ya wonder about who loaded the data?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts