Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All this time I thought I was lucky and only had the headlight problem (still not fixed I might add...all the new ones have spots also). Well now my sticker is going to hell and all of this time my high beams have not worked. Last night I tried to use them, pulled back the arm and nothing. I just cant wait to see what they screw up messing with my colum. I wonder if I should just blow it off sometimes...I can just see a tear in the seat or wheel happening or a scratch on the gages.

·
Premium Member
4,122 Posts
Hi merc50,
I was thinking about this the other day. Why not make a template and just paint the number back in and then make another template for the sticker and spray a clear protectant over it? Not sure if I would wait on Ford to do anything. I used to use a spray from the art store that was made to protect lead drawings from smudging. I was going to put some Ink on a hologram and spray that on it and see what it looked like after a few days in the sun.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Merc50... you have to push the stalk forward to engage the high beams... :smile:

Brian

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your right, I forgot about the pushing it forward...but that makes no diff. Push it forward for the highs, pull it back to flash them...it don't matter, no high beams, no clicking, no nothing. It will hardly move at all, it almost feels like something is inhibiting its movement.

Bullitt 457
50 Merc
32 Ford

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: merc50 on 2001-08-01 18:25 ]</font>

·
Registered
959 Posts
merc50.. sounds like you have a defective switch arseembly for sure. I know mine is real notchy when you push it forward to get high beams.

Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts