Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a hi-flow Hpipe with the stock exhaust and if so did you notice a difference in the exhaust note. I'm considering 2 1/2 H pipe with hi-flow cats, I'm expecting a deeper note from this. I feel that X-pipe will be to raspy of sound note. Thanks for input on this subject.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I Put an Off Road H-pipe on mine & my pony sounds lounder & mean..

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I agree. The X-pipe with change the exhaust note to something other than the Bullitt growl. Make mine an Off-road H,with fake cats of course!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-11-03 08:14 ]</font>

·
Registered
452 Posts
Rule of thumb is X pipe needs straight through muffler and it is more exotic sounding (Bassani/magnaflow)

H pipe needs chamber muffler and is more musle car sounding.

I have the mac H pipe and it by far the cheapest best mod I have ever done, end of story. The prochamber is just a bit different sounding, but for price and sound go MAc H you will not be dissapointed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the bassani x w/cats with the maganaflow magnapack catback. The sound is awesome, deep, and mean. Has a nascar type sound to it, and a very noticeable performance gain. I am going to get the offroad bassani to increase even more. You won't be dissapointed with this combo.

·
Registered
229 Posts
How do you like the sound of that combo you have. Bassani x and Magnapacks?!? I will be doing this around x mas and on a scale of 1 to 10 what do you rate? What rwhp do you think you gained?!? That is one of the mods I really want. well that and the vortech! =}

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
As a comparison,I have a Dr.Gas 3 inch off-road X-pipe,with long tube headers,but with Flowmaster 2 chamber mufflers,on my 85 LX,with a well built 351W. It does sound really wild at WOT. I have just decided to go with the H-pipe on the Bullitt,to enhance the sound it has and maybe pick up a few HP along with it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I had the bassani X w/o cats and magnaflows on my 2000 GT. I loved it as well, but it is more exotic car sounding, does sound like a nascar at WOT. I could not imagine the magnapacks with this combo, that would be way to loud for my liking indeed. I lost some low end TQ with this set up, but it all was made up on top. IF you have gears you are good to go.

I have the MAC H pipe on my Bullitt, dont know if I got as much power out of this set up, But I like the sound a lot better, plus you done need to replace the stock cat back. Did not lose an ounce of low end tq....

Price: MAC O/R H pipe... 115.00
Magnaflow/Bassani combo over 700.00

I would rather put that extra 500 into gears.

thats my .02

Doug

·
Registered
55 Posts
Or you could go with:

Mac LT's 329.00
Mac O/R H 119.00
Race Mags 60.00 each
Stock tailpipes
Install cost me 250.00 so I have 818.00 into my exhaust. I probably should put new 2.5 inch tail pipes but that should only be 150-200, even with stainless. Those cat back systems and bassani stuff can put the price up pretty high.

my 2 centz

Gary

·
Registered
452 Posts
If I could find a place to install long tube headers for 250.00 I would have that set up in a heart beat, more worth the money then the bassani/magnaflow set up.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts