Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 2009 Bullitt with 34,739 miles I have high voltage in my bank 2 sensor 1 O2. I put in a new O2 sensor and that problem came right back. Has anyone experienced this?

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
The O2 sensors generate 0.0-1.1 volts normally. Around 0.6 volts would indicate normal mixture control. Higher than that would indicate a rich mixture, lower would indicate lean. If you are getting a rich indication, you could have a miss, (bad spark plug, coil), or perhaps a sticky injector.
Could be a control issue as well, but I'd start with making sure all connections and grounds are good, and go from there. Is it throwing any service codes?

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Hard to diagnose from afar. First, check all connections. Second, O2 sensor has to be hot, at least 600F to read properly. Most, with 3 or 4 wires have a ceramic heater to warm them up. As mentioned high voltage indicates rich condition.
If you have a code reader, run the car till hot, clear codes and drive again. If code returns you will need a diagnostic scan to pinpoint issue/s. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts