Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I'm at 131,000 but it's not my daily driver. I'm getting ready to go thru everything, brakes, suspension, motor, rear end and transmission.

Gary

·
Premium Member
2008 DHG #3122
343 Posts
Woo! And I thought mine was way up there in mileage when it turned 79,000 on Sunday.

I just had the passenger rear light plastic assembly replaced due to persistent condensation in the clear backup light part of it. All is good.

·
Premium Member
14,153 Posts
Wow! Not even close to any of you. 31,644 to be exact. Has been parked in the garage since March 6th, my last drive to my favorite pool hall & back home. Oregon is one of those Blue States with a Governor wishing to keep us home (for our own good, of course.;) ) forever. I suppose I could drive..but it would be just to drive. Everything other than gas stations & grocery stores closed...nowhere I really want to go.

Ay age 76, this makes me believe that the '09 is probably the last new car I'll buy. So, I'll rely on you road warriors to warn me of problems I might encounter as the miles accumulate. Please do so! Hopefully they ( the problems) will be few. At my age, I hate hassles.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
pwd72s...……
Blue State warrior here also...……….(PENNSYLVANIA)

I did get my 09 "B" out of storage yesterday. It was nice to drive it about 25 miles. We have a large (former) limestone mine in our area that rents out storage. Part of the mine is climate controlled. I put the "B" in storage in mid-October. Yesterday, I pulled the cover, put in the battery, turned on the key waited for the fuel pump to pressurize and "BANG" the "B" started without a hiccup!

Sadly, all of our car cruises are cancelled until late July and normally we have plenty in our area. My wife and I love car cruises...…….so maybe a trip to the ice cream store, standing six feet away from the next person is in our future.

My wife says...……..sell the "B" and buy a boat...…….anchor it out in the middle of our lake!

So, I now have about 13, 250 miles on the "B"...……….now how many garage miles will I do this year?

Maybe our "BLUE GOVERNOR" will give us a break!

ARMY TC

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
:D Seen an 08 on autotrader for sale with 170,000 on it.
HG #3602 Fayetteville Tenn

Reactions: Bullitt4325

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Gary - that's awesome man. Hope it goes well. You having Ford do it or your own mechanic?

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I'm doing it, everytime I get someone to work on my stuff I end up having to go through it to fix what they mess up.
The mod motors are fairly simple along with the differential, the transmission is the only thing I need help with.
These cars are basic enough to work on, suspension and brakes are simple unless you get too crazy with it.
Just stick with OEM or Ford Racing parts, watch u- tube and ask questions.
I'm putting Ford Racing sway bars, struts, shocks and K springs, 2014 front brakes, BBK short headers, change flow delete plates, throttle body from a Shelby 500 with adapter for the stock manifold.
I have an early 08 (with the crappy plugs) 4.6 I'm going thru, I'm putting in stock cams with 20,000 miles on them, new guides, tensioners (cast iron not plastic), cam phasers, rocker arms, lash adjusters and a new 2013 - 2014 Shelby 500 oil pump.
It's not going to be super fast, it's going to be fun and dependable, that is all my 65 year old butt needs to relive a part of my youth and since I officially retired yesterday I'll have something to piddle with for awhile.

Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
382 Posts
252,000. Daily driver although not much in the last two months due to stay at home. 172,000 are mine and 80,000 from previous owner. I put 60k on my first one before some idiot hit me from behind and totaled it. On my second tranny. The original lasted 240k. Third clutch. Major A/C rebuild. ( Living in Texas, can’t live without even in the fall). Two starters and a major oil leak. Worth every penny in repairs.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I still have the factory shrink wrap on the driver’s rocker plate, gonna try to leave it on as long as I can.
But if Steve r. Would sign it, I think I would take it off.😁

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I have an early 08 (with the crappy plugs) 4.6
Thanks
Gary
Gary, one of the things that were discovered early is ALL Bullitts came with the upgraded plugs. Not the ones that stuck in the heads and subject to breaking.

I also have an F150...... I know about the plugs breaking when trying to change them. :crying:

Reactions: banzaibullitt

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I know about the head and spark plug change mid year in 2008, this engine kind of fell in my lap, it is an early 2008 made in September of 2007 and has 108,000 miles, it was a freebie along with the transmission.
I've been trying to locate the correct heads and if I can find them I'll use these instead (I did find a set of Ford Racing ported heads that are still in the boxes at a decent price of $1,100.00 but seems like a waste for a stock build)
The 4.6 currently in my Bullitt has unknown miles and smokes a little bit on start-up (it was the replacement for the original motor that someone destroyed (excessive boost with the supercharger will kill a stock bottom end every time).
I just want a good driver that will last until I cannot enjoy it anymore.

Gary

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm up to 124,138. Daily driver since July 2009. Anyone have me beat?

My daily driver (#301) currently has 206,120 miles on the clock. I have loved every mile put on her!

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

·
BULLITT In The Chamber
97 Posts
Gary, one of the things that were discovered early is ALL Bullitts came with the upgraded plugs. Not the ones that stuck in the heads and subject to breaking.

I also have an F150...... I know about the plugs breaking when trying to change them. :crying:
How did you find this out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mechanically nothing major other than routine maintenance. I have put two alternators, a water pump and a new clutch on it. I have driven it in the mountains, on the Tail of the Dragon, along the Blue Ridge and all over Florida. It has been and still is a great car.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts