Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so i bought the bullitt with 95,000 miles and it now has 115,000. I have noticed almost everybody has low miles on their cars (wish I did) but regardless it still runs strong and doesnt use any oil. Its so hard not to drive it ALL the time like I do. Do I own the high mileage crown?

The 100,000 mile turning video... exciting I know
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s554.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=http://vid554.photobucket.com/albums/jj407/zbarker94/Mileage.flv"></embed>

·
Registered
286 Posts
mine had 104k when i got (in july) it and has 110 now. it looks and drives like it has 35k on it(just needs strunts/mounts and shocks). it was garage kept and driven 90 miles to and from work by the owner every day. it stayed in a garage at his house and a garage at his office. still has the oe clutch :smile: . i payed 8500 for it. i had wanted a mach 1 but the ones around me were all lower miles with no mods and had like 30k on them and were askin 15-17 for them and i wasnt big on the colors of most of them. i found my bullitt and the guy wanted 11500 for it and i told him id give him 8000 and to call me when he relizes hes never gonna get that much for it. 2 months later he called me back :tongue: and by then i had really started to like the car. i would drive by it every day in my 5.0 and sometimes stop and park next to it and get out and look at the 2 of them and just kept thinkin how i wanted it. i would have liked less miles but figured after paying 8500 for the car i could spend 2500k in bolt ons and swap in the n2o from my 5.0 and run it till it blows up then do a motor and it would still cost less than the mach 1. im at 11,500 into it and that covers the car and all my mods and tires/wheels i have so far. i spent about 5k less than i would have so far on a mach 1 plus the money in mods i would have spent. for the money ill have a much faster and rarer car, i think. i have still not seen another bullitt around where i live so i dont think i could have found another one with lower miles if i had wanted to.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Yup 227 is just under 130 and still looking sharp!!! ;-)...

Thanks

Bud

·
Registered
618 Posts
Right at 134k. Not sure who has the most though.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
not proud?

I am confused. I couldn't be prouder of my 96k miles. Not that I totally wish it's higher, but I do feel bad I am not driving it as much as I used to :(

·
Registered
286 Posts
BlackBullitt2615 said:
Mine just clicked 93k miles and fixing to change out the timing chains and gears!
i wouldnt waist your time doing that unless its making noise dont bother. if its for a performance reason the ok but i would be supprised if you had an issue with the chain or guides under 200k. i get town cars and crown vics at my work with over 300k and i pull the timing covers and the chains are fine and the tensioner isnt even close to being all teh way extened. if our cars had timing belts i would be doing it ever 50k but we got chains... for did somethin right

·
Registered
197 Posts
Wow i thought mine had high mileage when i bought it in August with 69500. Now 5 months later I'm at 70k. I'm like Rich going to drive the wheels off. My daily driver is 2002 Chevy Malibu now with 260k on it. The more its driven and maintained the longer and stronger it will run.(engine with no abuse lol)

·
Registered
182 Posts
jeffs89gt said:
i wouldnt waist your time doing that unless its making noise dont bother. if its for a performance reason the ok but i would be supprised if you had an issue with the chain or guides under 200k. i get town cars and crown vics at my work with over 300k and i pull the timing covers and the chains are fine and the tensioner isnt even close to being all teh way extened. if our cars had timing belts i would be doing it ever 50k but we got chains... for did somethin right

Yeah, I wasnt too sure I just saw a couple people that had problems with the chains wearing down so I figured getting close to 100k I might as well do it...Didnt know if it was a common problem or not...plus I might get some CMS stage 1 cams and throw in but havent fully decided yet!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
BlackBullitt2615 said:
Yeah, I wasnt too sure I just saw a couple people that had problems with the chains wearing down so I figured getting close to 100k I might as well do it...Didnt know if it was a common problem or not...plus I might get some CMS stage 1 cams and throw in but havent fully decided yet!
I wouldn't be too concerned with the wear. If your manic about changing the oil, they should be fine.

Flip side of the coin, I had an 89 Crown Vic that was getting up in miles. I was warned by the owner of an earlier (I think and 84 MY CV) that the gears on the front of the engine wear as they were plastic. So being a good steward of my cars longevity I took the CV in and had the gears changed out. Turns out I had brass gears on the front of my engine. It was the HO version, and they apparently did not have the plastic gears.:cool: Cost me about $350 at the time to find out, but that was OK. So maybe safe is better than sorry...your engine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.