Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Friday, Jan 4, between 11 p.m. and 3 a.m. pacific time, someone managed to swipe the side the drivers side of my Bullitt.

Pictures here:

http://www.ignitionsyndicate.com/cj/damage/

The damage isn't THAT bad, at least the sheetmetal is intact, but I'm guessing $500 or so in paint. Called my insurance agent to see if it was even worth filing, and she said it's covered under Collision ($500 deductable) not Comp ($100 ded) since it was hit by another vehicle.

What really upsets me is that the person didn't leave a note or anything. An accident is an accident, but for them leaving like that, makes me want to damage THEM!!!

Can any of you body guys give me a guesstimate?

Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Man that sux. Sad but true, most people nowadays will just split if they think nobody saw them.

The damage doesn't look too bad. If the metal isn't dented, you might try rubbing out the scratches with some polishing compound (not rubbing compound it's too abrasive). Then waxing it and see how it looks. If that doesn't get it, you're probably going to have to get it painted.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Man, that really makes me angry!! :mad: :mad: People have no respect for anyone else's property these days, they could have at least left a note. Someone intentionally rammed a shopping cart into the side of mine about 2 weeks ago, luckily it didn't scratch the paint, and Dent Wizard was able to pull out the dents. I hope you can get yours fixed without too much hassle, as well.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Here's one for you, had a new car for 1 month and someone at work backed into the door. Now this is not a large company and I know just about everyone, but here's the kick in the head, no one ever claimed doing it. So everyday I would go to work knowing that one of my co-workers trashed my car and didn't have the brass to own up to it. Took awhile to get over that....... No, I'm still not over it and some day they are going to talk about it and [email protected]#$#@>>>(*&^%$#$.

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
This is becoming a popular topic here.

Pretty soon we'll all be afraid to drive the damn cars. (Well maybe not that drastic) but JEEZ...this makes like 6 or 7 already. And that's just those that talked about it.

People have NO respect.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks GT433, that's exatly how I feel.

Got some estimates, anywhere from $1300 to $1700, including $325 for a new wheel (got scraped). So, like $1000 to $1400 for body work. They have to remove the "Bullitt panels" (anit-scoop and rear 1/4 window panels), as well as the rear marker light, repair, repaint both panels entirely (1/4 and bumper), and reassemble.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm SO SO sorry, I feel for you...I'd be in pain (and tears) if that happened to me. I'm ALREADY afraid to drive it anywhere...such a shame too...I only feel safe driving it...parking it? forget that, I don't feel safe parking it anywhere at anytime!

I do hope all works out for you!
Bubbles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts