Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Fall Ann Arbor Adult Hockey Champions!!!
The icing (pardon the pun) on the cake was hitting a slap-shot from the blue-line to win in the Championship Game! This is truly a great group of guys to skate with... I am very fortunate!!!
Happy Holidays!
Wolverine
Manager/Captain
Pork Chop Express Hockey Club

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Congrats on the win-I'm sure it helped make the off ice work you must do worthwhile.
I played a year or 2 here in a league but honestly at my level of play (low) the only ice time available for teams was after midnight--too late for me....

BTW-Your goalie looks like Rachi from youngblood!!!:lol:

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MaineBullitt said:
Congrats on the win-I'm sure it helped make the off ice work you must do worthwhile.
I played a year or 2 here in a league but honestly at my level of play (low) the only ice time available for teams was after midnight--too late for me....

BTW-Your goalie looks like Rachi from youngblood!!!:lol:

Thanks!

Yeah, you are correct, the ice times are tough for adult players. Our earliest games are about 9:30pm with our latest face-offs at 11:20pm. Having an 11:20pm, getting to sleep (if possible) at 1-1:30am, and then seeing your first patient at 6:30am is BRUTAL!!

Rachi! He will LOVE that comparison! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
kaylan1521 said:
Congrats Dale. A slapshot from the point? I'm impressed.
+1

I was quickly told no more slapshots after hitting several people who were nowhere near the goal with errant shots.
That must have been quite a rush to have the winning goal :smile:

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Who is the dorky looking guy laying on the ice?

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Way to go, Dale! That must have been some slapshot.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Dale, congratulations to your team on their successful season. I bet winning that trophy feels just like winning the Stanley Cup....well almost :grin:.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bullitt3817 said:
Way to go, Dale! That must have been some slapshot.

The game was tied 0-0 through 2 periods. It was really tight, everyone giving their all. I got 'good wood' on the shot, then all of the sudden our team went nuts!! I really didn't see it go in as an opposing player was coming hard and somewhat screened me as I released it.

We could see the other team deflate after that goal.... we were all so tired (bunch of old men and all). Four minutes later we banged in (2) more goals to close it.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bullitt4003 said:
Dale, congratulations to your team on their successful season. I bet winning that trophy feels just like winning the Stanley Cup....well almost :grin:.

It was more of a relief. I REALLY wanted to win it. My family was there and I wanted to be able to give that trophy to my 5 year old son who plays mini-mite hockey. That was the motivation. To hand it to him, rub him on the top of the head, and tell him: "that's for you young man!"

................. the trophy won't make it through the week! He's been playing with it for two days straight (hilarious)! :lol: :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts