Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just my opinion, and dream, but I wish they would hold the 08 Bullitt over just long enough to get the 09 body panels on it, especially the the rear 1/4s and such. They just look so much stronger to me...

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
we haven't seen the 09 yet, so how can we be assured it would be a worthwhile improvement

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
texasbullitt said:
you wont be disappointed in the 08 1/2 bullitt.... trust me
Does anyone know when these will be available for ordering?

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
dealers will have the info ( hopefully ) and ordering infromation just prior to thanksgiving, with the first orders being able to be processed / ordered by as early as november 28th but most likely december 2nd.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
texasbullitt said:
you wont be disappointed in the 08 1/2 bullitt.... trust me
If it is just a green shelby, as are the most talked about rumors, then yes I would be disappointed.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
texasbullitt said:
it should be about 5k less then a shelby gt......
ok, I guess I am still waiting on you to say something that will reinforce the fact that I will not be disappointed...

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
I would rather have a vented hood than a plain hood. I would rather there be no side vents. I would like it to have more power and maybe a blower. Will I be disappointed if it does not? No. Just means I may need to change a few things. If its a Bullitt that holds to tradition of the movie car then that's what matters. We can then mod the way we want. I doubt Steve McQueen was disappointed because it didn't have power windows. And remember, that big bad 390ci motor in the 68 GT didn't have much more HP than the new ones.

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
All of us have seen the Shelby GT.

Many of us saw the Motor Trend car (Highland Green 05 GT) in SF.

Other than a good set of brakes, how much different can it be?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I will probably continue to persue a 2001 if I have not bought one already by that point.

I dont need a blower, but a car that will cmpete and beat the charger r/t is very important!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
jared6180 said:
I will probably continue to persue a 2001 if I have not bought one already by that point.

I dont need a blower, but a car that will cmpete and beat the charger r/t is very important!
The Charger isn't as fast as everyone thinks it is. Too fat, too sedan! The original was just a big honkin' machine with goobs of power. The new one, not so much. So the Bullitt doesn't have to do much in the hp dept. against the new Charger. Work mate has one. It to me is a disappointment.:surprised It is to him too once he saw my Bullitt!:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts