Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early this morning around 2:00 A.M. two dogs cornered a skunk on the side of the house by the bedroom & boy did they get sprayed. My wife & I woke up immediately - boy did it stink. We had to sleep in the family room on the couch, but pretty soon the whole house stunk. We were burning candles & incense & I even poured a bunch of bleach into some pans, but at 9:00 it was still pretty heavy. When I went out to the garage it even smelled in there. I'm thnking of moving the Bullitt to the other side of the street. The weird thing is, the dog & cat don't seem too bothered by it. You can't even walk on the side of the house where the skunk was; it hurts my head. I hope the smell gets out of our things. Anyone ever get this close to a skunk?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,594 Posts
Yes, and it took almost a week to get the smell out. A couple of clothing items never recovered and had to be thrown out.
I can't believe it isn't bothering the cat and dog!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Okay, I know I am going to pay for this, but here it goes. 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water. Yep, sounds like you will need a lot of it. Works great if you ever get it on the pets too. As long as it actually didn't spray in the house, it will be okay. This combination works well on the car when you run a skunk over with it! Good luck! :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,681 Posts
Tomatto juice. for the cats and dogs , really dont think that you want to put it all over yourhouse
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top