Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here's the problem: Once engine gets warmed up, smoke starts spitting out the exhaust. Car runs rougher with a loss in power. Car will also make a ticking sound from the pass. side of the car. I'm thinking either a bad valve, or cracked head. Anyone know where to get new heads from. I'm putting in a stroker in about a month and will not deal with those guys at Ford who call themselves mechanics. That is a whole other story!!! :sad:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt3304 on 2002-01-02 23:11 ]</font>

·
Registered
237 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-02 23:03, Bullitt3304 wrote:
Okay here's the problem: Once engine gets warmed up, smoke starts spitting out the exhaust. Car runs rougher with a loss in power. Car will also make a ticking sound from the pass. side of the car. I'm thinking either a bad valve, or cracked head. Anyone know where to get new heads from. I'm putting in a stroker in about a month and will not deal with those guys at Ford who call themselves mechanics. That is a whole other story!!! :sad:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt3304 on 2002-01-02 23:11 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Why would your want to get new heads from someone other than Ford? Are you out of warranty?
What problem did you have previously with Ford that you don't want to deal with there mechanics? It's a whole other story? What story?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RenegadeBullitt on 2002-01-03 00:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RenegadeBullitt on 2002-01-03 00:32 ]</font>

·
Banned
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ford is trying to void my waranty for rubber in the fenderwells. I have been fighting them on this for two months now. The lawyers are arguing it over now. I had some jerk from the dealership tell me that because of rubber in the fenderwells, it had the power to void my warranty for abuse. Aparently this is not a new Ford practice. On the Corral, I have talked with quite of few people who are fighting Ford for this very same thing. In my opinion, high dollar to fix, so Ford looks for an out so they don't have to eat the cost.

·
Registered
198 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-03 00:45, Bullitt3304 wrote:
In my opinion, high dollar to fix, so Ford looks for an out so they don't have to eat the cost.

Not to make light of your situation, but they seem to be pretty free with swapping engines unecessarily.

At least thats my experience.

As far as a set of heads go, the only place off the top of my head is Sean Hyland.

Or just replace them with stock ones.

Hell maybe convert it to a cobra induction system.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fixer on 2002-01-03 01:59 ]</font>

·
Banned
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, I know all about Sean Hyland. I won't buy anything from that guy. Two guys in our mustang club here have bought stroker motors from him and had nothing but trouble. Everytime they do, ship it back to Cananda!! No thanks, also he is way to expensive. He charges twice what other people do for the exact same parts. As far as Ford is concerned, the guy who voided the warranty was a field rep. I argued with him, then the regional service rep, and then spent 3 hours on the phone with Fords main service dept. After it was all said and done, they refused to fix the car, so I told them I'd see them in court. I won't buy another Ford as long as I live. Oh ya, this is my third Mustang, I love the cars, but this is crap. Oh well, its all relative now. :sad:

·
Registered
198 Posts
On 2002-01-03 10:55, Bullitt3304 wrote:
Two guys in our mustang club here have bought stroker motors from him and had nothing but trouble.

I'm the same fixer from the club, in case you didn't know.

·
Banned
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found the problem today. The car has a bad ring on one of the pistons on the passenger side of the car. Guy who is building my stroker figured it out for me today. At least I now know what the problem is. Oh well, baby Bullitt get her new motor soon.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Now you should make the dealer repair it! Get ahold of Team Mustang if needed. You should NOT have to deal with this on your own.

Just my 2 cents on this :wink:

Bud

1 - 10 of 10 Posts