Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hood and Bumper Mods = Photoshop Request

I'm thinking of going to a Cobra R Hood. Right now everything on the exterior is stock with the exception of the Mach 1 Grill Delete and the Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. I'm thinking of getting the Cobra R Hood and keeping the GT bumper with the chin spoiler to see if I like the look. If not, I would probably go with the 01 Cobra Bumper or possibly the Cobra R Bumper, but that is kinda more extreme than I am looking for at this time.

I'm also thinking of finding a V6 Bumper and just dumping the exhaust right after the mufflers. I would go all Cobra R on the side exit but I'm not ditching the side skirts. I'm just thinking of having a nice angle on the dump so that it points about at an angle.

Any thoughts on this guys? I want the look to be aggressive but still appropriate for a Bullitt, ya know?

If anyone is good with photochop, can you redo this pic with a Cobra R Hood?

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg82/cskrmetti/e1e3c465.jpg

·
Registered
873 Posts
Cobra R hood in sig. Sorry got the '03-'04 bumper though.

Oh and it's DHG with flames. Anyways best I can do for you right now.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I would definitely not go with the R bumper. I am not a fan of those at all, unless it is on an actual R. I do like the R hood though and think it would look good with the either the stock B bumper of the 99/01 Cobra piece (which is the best looking New Edge bumper IMO). I also wouldn't go with side exhaust.

Of course, this is all just personal opinions. My $.02.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Go buy whatever you want, or you'll end up buying what other people like.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The R Bumper is definitely up in the air. I haven't seen one in person but I have seen some online. I have liked some and really disliked others. This is a distant possibility.

The Cobra R Hood though is most likely going to happen. Especially now that I have storage space. That is where all the original B pieces are going just in case I every want to put them back on.

I have the stock bumper right now with the Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. I kinda like the look, BUT I have always hated the license plate rectangle on the front. If it were smoothed out I would be happy.

The reason that the Cobra R Bumper was even on this list of possibilities is that I would like to keep it Ford on the front. I really don't want any crazy Mr.BodyKit bumpers up front if you know what I mean. I already have a stock Honda Civic that I can slap a huge aluminum wing on if I am feeling froggy.

Any reasons against the side exhaust? I don't want it to be seen and I can hang on to the exhuast and stock bumper to go back if I ever want to.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I've got a friend that has a "Shogun" front-fascia from a 2nd-Gen DSM sittin' in his Garage that he'd let go "cheap"........... :scared:

:badgrin:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JC2954 said:
I've got a friend that has a "Shogun" front-fascia from a 2nd-Gen DSM sittin' in his Garage that he'd let go "cheap"........... :scared:

:badgrin:
Hold the phones. I'm all over it.

:rolleyes::b01:

·
Registered
50 Posts
i have the cobra r hood on mine. i love the way it looks. im looking into getting the terminator front bumper too. i cant post a pic or i would. why is it that i cant post attachments?

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
bullitt701 said:
i have the cobra r hood on mine. i love the way it looks. im looking into getting the terminator front bumper too. i cant post a pic or i would. why is it that i cant post attachments?
You can't host pics on the site because you are not a supporting member. You can post pics on Photobucket, etc.... and link to them.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
fromthecoast said:
The R Bumper is definitely up in the air. I haven't seen one in person but I have seen some online. I have liked some and really disliked others. This is a distant possibility.

The Cobra R Hood though is most likely going to happen. Especially now that I have storage space. That is where all the original B pieces are going just in case I every want to put them back on.

I have the stock bumper right now with the Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. I kinda like the look, BUT I have always hated the license plate rectangle on the front. If it were smoothed out I would be happy.

The reason that the Cobra R Bumper was even on this list of possibilities is that I would like to keep it Ford on the front. I really don't want any crazy Mr.BodyKit bumpers up front if you know what I mean. I already have a stock Honda Civic that I can slap a huge aluminum wing on if I am feeling froggy.

Any reasons against the side exhaust? I don't want it to be seen and I can hang on to the exhuast and stock bumper to go back if I ever want to.
Sounds like you've got a good plan going. My $.02 on the bumper is, since you want to stay Ford, look into a 99/01 or 03/04 Cobra unit. As you can see in BullittMakesThree's sig pic, the 03/04 unit is very good looking and naturally flows with our rocker panels since the Terminator rockers have an almost identical style (minus the mudflap). But there is just something about the 99/01 Cobra bumper that I have always liked. Around my area, I see 15 03/04 Cobras to every 1 99/01, so that may have something to do with it. lol.

As for the side exhaust, it is just a personal thing. I am not a fan of them at all.

But, none of this matters. This is all what I prefer. Dave hit the nail on the head when he said:
Graves said:
Go buy whatever you want, or you'll end up buying what other people like.
Not a day goes that I don't wish I would have bought chrome 18" Saleens instead of my anthracite Bullitts. Don't get me wrong, I really like my Bullitts, but I feel I would be happier with the Saleens. :frown:

:cool:

·
Registered
9,082 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
4fit? said:
Sounds like you've got a good plan going. My $.02 on the bumper is, since you want to stay Ford, look into a 99/01 or 03/04 Cobra unit. As you can see in BullittMakesThree's sig pic, the 03/04 unit is very good looking and naturally flows with our rocker panels since the Terminator rockers have an almost identical style (minus the mudflap). But there is just something about the 99/01 Cobra bumper that I have always liked. Around my area, I see 15 03/04 Cobras to every 1 99/01, so that may have something to do with it. lol.

As for the side exhaust, it is just a personal thing. I am not a fan of them at all.

But, none of this matters. This is all what I prefer. Dave hit the nail on the head when he said:

Not a day goes that I don't wish I would have bought chrome 18" Saleens instead of my anthracite Bullitts. Don't get me wrong, I really like my Bullitts, but I feel I would be happier with the Saleens. :frown:

:cool:
I really love the look of the 03/04 Cobra Bumpers, but I am just not sure which direction I will go. I also really like the look of the '01. I'm not sure that I will be getting either any time soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts